Used 2013 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Buick Encore Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Encore model:

BEAUTIFUL
By MIKE

2013 Buick Encore Premium 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

BEAUTIFUL, COMFORTABLE LITTLE GAS SIPPER SUV

Would not recommend buying a Buick Encore
By Tarae3173

2013 Buick Encore Leather 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought a brand new 2013 Buick Encore and never had any major problems with it until recently. It now has 78,000 miles on it. Last week my engine light turned on and shortly after that a repetitive almost clicking noise came from the engine when it was running and it would have issues accelerating and decelerating. The engine light would also come one and off and the noise would decrease a bit when it was off. I called my dealership and made an appointment. I was told my lifters needed to be replaced and also that I had a crack in my front exhaust. My dealership said for how old my car is this should not have happened. I also take in my car regularly for maintenance check and oil changes. My change oil light has never even come on. I had my dealership do the repairs and $1,000 later my car seems to be working properly again. I called Buick and opened a case to see if there was anything they could do. I was also told by them that the lifters should not have gone out. I received follow up today and was informed there is nothing that can be done. The powertran warranty is what covers that and since it only goes until 70,000 there is nothing that can be done and they cannot extend the warranty. I asked if my car only had 72,000 miles on it if that would have made a difference and they said yes. So basically because my lifters decided to crap out for no reason at 78,000 and that's not close enough to 70,000 I am stuck with those repair costs. I will never be buying a Buick again. I don't know a lot about cars but I do know that I had a used Oldsmobile Alero for 10 years that I took way less care of and never had a single engine issue. I would not recommend buying this car and I have read a lot of other people's issues with Encores and problems that should not occur and having to pay a lot of money out of pocket for them.

Bad purchase!
By JK

2013 Buick Encore 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Tons of issues with sensors and lots of money spent in 4 years on a well maintained car. Small and compact and drove very nicely but always something wrong with it! Never will buy another one!

Lovin my Encore
By Kim

2013 Buick Encore Leather 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Gorgeous. Very comfy. Great mpg for suv. Roomy seating & cargo! Beautiful! Have only had it 2 weeks, so can't speak for reliability, but I'm optomistic based on reviews! I think my car might be too good for me...lol. Elli Encore...i love her. Comfort, quality, luxury, & economy without being ostentatious.

Best Buick Ever
By Ron Pearson

2013 Buick Encore Leather 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

What a nice car for just about anyone.