2020 BMW Z4 Convertible Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $6,179
Select your model:

It's very fun to drive

Sanfordrich, 12/27/2019
sDrive M40i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchased a Misano Blue M40i (the 6 cylinder) around Aug 1. I wanted a roadster and considered a Porsche Boxster but decided the BMW was the better value. I have not regretted the decision. The BMW is a blast to drive. I think its very attractive and it even sounds good. It is very quick and responsive. A manual transmission is important to some folks but not to me. If I want to manually shift, I can use the paddle shifters but the automatic is very quick. I appreciate all the convenience and safety options I ordered it with. A Porsche Boxster loaded up with comparable options would be tens of thousands of dollars more. I also considered a Miata, but I liked the over all size, trunk capacity and performance of the Z4.

Z4 M40i thoughts

Todd gipson, 07/11/2020
sDrive M40i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

If you are questioning yourself about purchasing a convertible do not hesitate with the. New z4. The ride is as quiet as a hardtop and smooth in in comfort mode. Test dive one for yourself you will not be disappointed with the comfort and the power the z4 offers. It has been a year of ownership, I still love to drive my Z4. No regrets with my purchase. I get many complements on the looks plus you do not see this model around my area.

Z4 sDrive30i Drive A Blast

Robert, 10/10/2020
sDrive30i 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I've been a lifetime Toyota and Lexus owner. When I decided to trade in my 2019 Lexus NX300 and 2011 Lexus IS250C, I wanted a fun sports car to drive. I looked at the 2020 Lexus RC350, Audi TT, Mercedes C and E classes, and various Porsche models. I ultimately chose the BMW Z4 sDrive30i. Even though it's the 'base' engine' it has plenty of pep and has great get up and go. I can't believe how much better the BMW drives versus the Lexus RC350. I am mindful of reliability of BMWs due to the extensive use of plastics in their engine bays, which is why I'm leasing this car (otherwise I would have stuck with Lexus if I did a purchase). No regrets on buying this car as I've thoroughly enjoy it.

BMW Z4 30iM

RWB, 12/12/2020
sDrive30i 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I’ve previously owned two Mazda MX5s, one a manual rag top and the other the RF hard top with auto transmission. We now have the BMW Z4 30iM, at this stage I’ve no complaints about the Z4. From what ever angle you look at the Z4 it has style, it has all the power that you need through an exceptional auto transmission. The difference between the MX5 and the Z4 is that the Mazda is more a Sunday morning car, whereas the Z4 is an any day go any where car - it puts a smile on your face every day.