2017 BMW X4 Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 BMW X4 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X4 model:

Love my little X4
By SL Holman

2017 BMW X4 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I don't have a large family to haul around, size works fine for me. I like the smaller engine for economy and I can always change to Sport Mode if I have a need for speed, but seriously the pick up is absolutely fine. The front seats are very comfortable and cabin is VERY quiet. Steering is nice and tight, my previous X3 was not. I have owned the X1 ( seats were too short ), X3 nice but a bit boring on looks and sloppy steering. For those of us who love but cannot afford the X6, give this a test drive .

Wow, Very Impressed
By M. Hoffman

2017 BMW X4 xDrive28i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

As a previous BMW owner (3 series X-drive diesel), I was familiar with the brand but wanted to get something that had a different style to it...thus I went with the X4 and boy I wasn't disappointed. Yes, I've read the reviews of not alot of cargo space compared to the X3 and reduced visibility because of the way the rear end is sloped but so far neither of those items are concerns for me. Cargo area is fine for grocery & mall shopping; it's not like I'm purchasing a 50 flat screen tv everyday. Rear visibility is good; just use your mirrors. But I did add the Driver Assist Plus package which gives me a bit more confidence in driving. BMW's X-drive is very nice as it controls power to all 4 wheels and keeps the vehicle stable and in control during rain, snow, and icy conditions. Overall I'm very happy with my lease and when it's time to make another choice, I'll be hard pressed to go back to a sedan or get another X4.

Test drove the Macan S and M40i
By Mark

2017 BMW X4 M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Before you buy this car test drive the Porsche Macan S and you will soon see that while the Macan might be better looking, the Bmw clearly has quicker acceleration and a much lighter sports car feel. The Macan felt heavy and sluggish. On top of that an exhaust note similar to the M4. This car is real fun to drive and it will blow off most SUV's/cars on the road and when your screaming by them with this exhaust backfire they look at you like what the .... was that?

X4 M40i
By Michael

2017 BMW X4 M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This vehicle is magnificent. The design with the sloped roof is striking and turns many heads as folks try to figure out just what it is. Absolutely great lines with an aggressive look backed up by a powerful engine. Love it!

X4 M40i Size-wise-good-stuff
By DavidT

2017 BMW X4 M40i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

It is very rare and people will buy it out from under you if you hesitate. Drive it and love it.