2018 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 BMW X3 SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

Better than my Mercedes!!
By Meredith White

2018 BMW X3 SUV xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have been driving the BMW X3 for about a month. I actually get into the car and am excited to drive it. It is unbelievably smooth, the ride is wonderful!!! My only complaint is that it feels a little small in the interior, but would be fine for an average size human. For the gas it uses (very little) it is well worth it. Also, on the highway when you put on the SPORT feature it flies!!!

Test drive
By John

2018 BMW X3 SUV xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Expensive. Might require high test gas. Not sure.

DRIVETRAIN MALFUNCTION - Beware!!
By Disappointed

2018 BMW X3 SUV xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

New .At 3,600 miles Drivetrain Malfunction - Total Lockdown- NO GEARS, no go. Stranded. 4 hour wait for BMW "Roadside Assistance" before tow to dealer. Dealer states "software " but remains vague re. cause. States they have "done all that BMW will allow", but there might be a bulletin coming soon ! Chassis G01, Engine code B46B20M0. Other BMW models with the same engine have experienced Crankshaft Sensor failure resulting in a bulletin requiring Sensor replacement. 2018 X3 is not included in the Bulletin, but SEVEN other models with the same engine are.. After 3 previous trouble free BMWs, this reflects an apparent departure from a commitment to customer safety and security in favor of cost saving for the company.

Saved my life
By Hannah MS.

2018 BMW X3 SUV xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Today I was driving back from San Diego and there was a big black truck pulled to the side getting searched from five cop cars. Realistically, everyone on the freeway is looking and not paying attention (aka me). I was going 80 miles an hour until a harsh automatic break goes off in my car, pulls my seat belt backwards, and starts alerting me that I was put into a danergous driving situation. The car in front of me slammed on their breaks to look at the truck being searched. Not only would I have totaled my car or be severely injured, there could’ve been a great chance of me going through the windshield and dying. I was going 80 miles an hour, the car in front of me slowed down to 55 / 60, and it was probably 7 feet away from me. This was a crazy situation that I am so lucky and blessed to have such an amazing car with the best technology. I was shaking and crying after this happened, but am so lucky for the driving assistance!

Great Automobile
By Tom

2018 BMW X3 SUV xDrive30i 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The X3 is one of the finest automobiles I have ever owned. Totally pleased, says it all. Superb engine, transmission combination. Quite smooth ride with little road noise in cabin. Only change I would have made is opting for the upgraded entertainment system.