Used 2008 BMW 1 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews

Used 1 Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

1st 1,000 miles

1st convertible bot, 01/24/2009
128i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

All around solid, stays on road. Engine has a "low throaty" sound that sets off other car alarms - too cool! Small size is very convenient, fun and adds to the great acceleration. Quiet interior with top up, car suspension handles train track crossings and bumps with ease. In rain, excellent perf both from a handling, sound & water management. I have to admit, it is expensive and very unpractical, BUT it is a kick in the pants to drive and makes my commute fun! To hell with the economy and my crappy 401K perf - let's go for a drive!

135i not a 3 series

LovenMyBMW , 02/28/2010
135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Ok lets start out by saying that we all have a opion. This is a 1 series not a 3. So with that said. Understand its smaller. Yes the interior is almost the same. Back and front seats. And head room. Just the body. With the 1 having less weight than the 3. The little beemer is amazing. Is faster than a Cayman, Niss 370, Mustang, and Camaro. Now its not a drag car. Its a sports car with style. Some parts seem cheap but what car under 60k don't. This little car with a back seat that can be used for kids and luggage, small bags and other items is perfect for a person not wanting a big car. If you want big buy a 7 series or a SUV. All said if you are thinking about it. DO IT

Screamin'

rEddie2, 08/27/2010
135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

My wife always wanted a BMW Convertible. We assumed the lease on this one from the original owner. We absolutely love the performance of this car, but have been a little disappointed with the quality. The tail-light assemblies have been replaced 3 times, the third brake light lens just shattered while driving down the road. Those were replaced under warranty, but it is disappointing considering.

Great drive, good looks, high maintenance

darthbimmer, 08/25/2012
135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

When it was time to sell my beloved '98 M3 convertible I looked at the 2012 3s. Too big and bloated and cluttered with expensive, distracting technology. The 1 series is the spiritual successor to the older 3. Slightly smaller back seat and trunk, but closer in size and with a clean, driving-focused dashboard. We picked one up used with low miles and original warranty still remaining-- a good thing because we have had to use it a lot! We test drove a 128 but felt it was underpowered. The 135 was obviously more expensive but we fell in love the first time we pressed the pedal to the carpet. This car is stupid fast. In a dark color and especially with the top down it looks great.

Fun, but ...

jim bruemmer, 08/11/2010
135i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought it without ever driving one based upon early reviews which described it as a car that strongly appeals to those of us 'seasoned' enough to appreciate the joys (and some sorrows) of early sports cars. I've owned MGTCs, 356 Speedsters, early SLs, and 911s. The 135i ragtop is a great modern compromise for a geezer who still loves the open road. It is pure joy to drive it, especially on a recent top-down tour through the Colorado Rockies. Power, responsiveness and handling do not disappoint!

12345...6