2018 Audi Q7 Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Audi Q7 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q7 model:

Q7 initial observations after 4K
By Lawrence of Arabia

2018 Audi Q7 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Mostly pleased with vehicle and can recommend. 2.0 engine is all the power the average driver needs. A few negative surprises and one real complaint: if you are roughly 6'2" or over, definitely more challenging to get in/out (than my MDX). Perhaps it is a function of having the drivers seat back, but the rearview mirror gets in the field of vision when making a rt. sharp turn; doorpost semi-blocks line of sight when looking back over left shoulder. Make sure you measure width of your garage door opening and garage space--Q7 definitely a large vehicle! Low beams are not the best when on a curvy country road. Most serious complaint is the dashboard reflection on to windshield---varies depending of amount of sun and direction of travel.

Unexpected performance!
By S Brown

2018 Audi Q7 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

My last four new cars had been Lexus LS and GX series. I was used to the luxury of the Lexus brand, but now that I purchased my Audi Q7, I have come to appreciate both the luxury AND performance of this Audi. It handles like a sports car (due to the optional adaptive chassis package updgrade) and still privides total luxury. I now feel that I am in control of the road and my enviornment. I am just worried that when my wife finally decides to drive it, she will want one, too!

Eyes Wide Open
By John

2018 Audi Q7 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

If you primarily use the Q7 for around town driving and the occasional road trip, be warned that the mileage figures on the sticker are wishful thinking at best. With roughly a 2/3 city, 1/3 highway split, our overall mileage is 14.7 mpg. We haven't even used the Sport mode yet.. If we actually drove the car like the performance vehicle Audi claims it to be, I can't imagine how low our mileage would be. We have been trying to get as much mileage as possible - we coast and glide on downhills, we accelerate slowly, we let off the gas well in advance of a stop sign or stop light, etc., etc. And the result of all that careful driving is 14.7 mpg. Our last tank of gas, mostly city driving, was 11.2 mpg. We weren't expecting to win any awards for being good environmentalists; but we thought we might get 20 to 21 mpg combined based on the sticker of 19 / 25. But we're not even in that universe and it's getting worse, not better. If we were doing it again, we'd wait on the electric Audi SUV or go with the I PACE or the Tesla X. The other matter that has us concerned is that the car is already showing performance declines in just the few months we've owned it. More lean in the corners; less responsive braking; less absorption of bumps and such in the road. The braking has always been a bit odd. Takes a while to really grab hold. And even then, if you have any significant speed or momentum, it's going to take you some serious time and distance to bring this beast to a halt.

Right choice for 3rd row SUV
By Joe

2018 Audi Q7 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I've been a reliability & total cost of ownership shopper for the last 20 years gravitating toward Japanese semi-luxury brands (i.e. Lexus, Infiniti, Acura) because I believed I would get a more reliable vehicle with more included features at a lower price. After 3 different experiences where issues started to crop up at 110k miles, I decided to deviate from that belief and take a bet on the Audi Q7 as my first foray into German luxury. So far, I'm really happy I did. I referred to the Japanese equivalents as semi-luxury because there is a noticeable difference. The fit and finish of the Audi is much nicer than our MDX. The Audi was slightly more expensive and came with less safety features/technology but the driving experience and feel outweighs the additional check boxes of features that I rarely use anyway.

Luxury SUV with great technology
By JohnS

2018 Audi Q7 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Have been very happy with the car. Very quiet ride, compared to previous MDX. Google maps doesn’t have street view, but very nice to have in cockpit. It would be nice it center display could have split screen, a lot of wasted space when viewing radio.