Used 2005 Audi allroad quattro Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used allroad quattro for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Awesome Allroad

selcor, 10/20/2004

Consistent mileage over 24 on the road at 70 MPH+. Mix of 92 octane and 87 octane seems to work great. No noticeable turbo lag in sportmode. Tremendous handling in all conditions, great comfort for 6 footers. So far have only 4000 miles on it. No problems to date and all maintenance included for 4 years or 50000 miles.

Best car I have owned

James Kasameyer, 04/24/2016
AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

This car is still as good as the reviews from 2004-5 paint it. Luxurious, well equipped, safe, phenomenally practical in all weathers and great for those of us who ski, canoe, back pack, etc. I carry plant material in the back, and dimensional lumber on the roof rack. I actually use the adjustable height suspension in snowy conditions, beach driving, and unpaved back roads. It works and adjusts on the fly. But the best part is the engine: great torque, great sound, and it gives the allroad very good acceleration and passing performance. I had looked at 2.7l allroads in the early 2000s, and was put off by their lack of punch. Bought Saab 9-5 Aeros instead. Have owned Audis, BMWs, old Porsches before. Car before this was hotrod Outback. In terms of overall performance, this is the best. There are some drawbacks. I bought this car 18 months ago, with 60,000 miles on it. It now has nearly 80,000. It is expensive to maintain. I have had to replace large parts of the air suspension system and odd mechanical gremlins are present. Navigation system and cabin electronics are historical artifacts. Previous owners had broken or mislaid interior and exterior trim parts. Nevertheless, this car may become a hobby as well as a mode of transportation. I already have more money in it than I could get out of it, but what could I replace it with? OCTOBER 2016 UPDATE: I stand by my previous conclusion, car is great for long days of high speed driving, etc., etc. I must note, however that at 86,000 miles the engine self-destructed for no reason that Audi or my independent mechanic could figure out. There seem to be no rebuilt ones available, and so my Audi dealer found a used 4.2 L engine and installed it in the car. This took over a month. Audi dealer was very cooperative with loaner. New used engine just as good as the original one, it seems. Drove it from Portland to and from Bay area recently with no trouble.

New Used Quattro

mercedes01, 12/19/2011

Well designed auto. Very comfortable. We enjoy driving. Some difficulty steering, I assume because of the all wheel drive. My wife loves it. Plenty of room compared to other vechicles in it category. I'd recommend at least a look.

Aways Allroad

Scuzzy, 08/27/2010

Sleekly designed wagon with break neck acceleration (biTurbo). Will reach 80 mph on the highway in a flash (watch out for speed traps)! AWD keeps this beast glued to the road - especially in the rain. Every imaginable (and distractable) creature comfort exists in the cockpit. Seats are "La-Z-boy" comfortable. Red lit interior buttons at night send the coolness factor through the roof! Factory installed Bose 6 speaker sound system rocks my entire block!

Allroad Best 4WD Station Wagon

Rich03449, 07/10/2008

We purchased this vehicle because of the harsh winters we have in New Hampshire. If you're looking for comfort, style, reliability and performance this car is a great choice. It powers through snow, great in rain and a pleasure on dry country back roads. Tough and durable without losing grace and style.

Matt, 03/30/2010

It was a dream wagon but turned out to be a nightmare. Goes through tires and brakes with at an incredibly fast pace due to its enormous weight. The suspension is a huge selling point giving you that capability but it was a hassle from day one with failures in the electronics and controls. There were numerous times where the check engine light would come on due to failed electric sensors. The V6, although a twin turbo unit, is underpowered for a car this heavy. I came to know the Audi A3 inside and out as I was in a service loaner A3 more than my actual car as it was in the shop ALL THE TIME. Never own one out of warranty. The warranty companies wont cover them anymore due to its reputation.

13 not out

SPEEDBIRD 350, 06/16/2008

I thought you may be interested from a UK review. This is my 13th Audi and our 2nd allroad. It is a 2.5 turbodiesel which is the most populat model over here. A tank of fuel produces 515 miles on the cruise. Petrol is too expensive here; US $10.41 per gallon. The turbo lag can be overcome by depressing accelerator a cm or so which gives it time to start spooling up. Allroads are superb vehicles and worth the slight premium over the Volvo.In the UK the A6 and Volvo are the biggest estate cars and more user friendly than pure SUVs. Built better than a BMW, more space than BMW and other drivers admire you but would never let a BMW out at a junction.

Audi allroad - perfect driving machine

A Land, 02/08/2008

Never had a nicer, more dependable car. Fun to drive, never get stuck in snow and very comfortable.

Hidden Treasure

bpacelli, 01/06/2005

Our Audi Allroad is at home in any situation. The perfect commercial (hint Audi) would show this car on a race track, a snow covered highway and off road in the mud - It has done it all and always delivered! On dry pavement the ride is compliant, and handling around town or at 80 mph is impressive. Rain - see drive pavement, no difference. Snow/mud - this car is sensational. The adjustable suspension and all wheel drive give me comfort knowing my wife and two children are safe if caught in such a situation. I have had many cars, but this is the first that I bought with practical family needs in mind. Safety is the most important thing to me and this car does not disappoint. It is practical, safe, and a blast to drive!

The allroad is a winner

audiedude, 03/04/2005

My 2005 Audi allroad has been great. I moved from a BMW 330i (lease end) to the allroad. While the handling is no 330i the allroad has plenty of kick. I have only driven it in the snow twice and it stuck to the road like grim death. I love the build quality. The car is unique and people are always saying they like it and have never seen one before. I highly recommend this car.

51050