Used 2005 Audi allroad quattro Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi allroad quattro Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific allroad quattro model:

Great run around car
By Chuck

2005 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Computers on floor

Nice car but would not want to own it
By Sven Jorgensson

2005 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I leased this car for 4 years. Thinking back about it, the positives that I remember are that is was comfortable, had nice ergonomics, good looking (if you like a wagon). The negatives were that it chewed through brakes and tires, had electrical gremlins, not so great build quality, and general quirkiness. Malfunction lights would light up on the dashboard; when I brought it to the dealership, they would report nothing wrong. One day the windows would not work ... the next day they did. Net net, the negatives outweighed the positives.

Best all around car I have owned.
By GV Carlson

2005 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned a number of high-end German cars over the years, the allroad is my favorite 4-5 door German car. The Audi a6 allroad has timeless style, will go anywhere in the snow, ice or rain with extraordinary confidence. This is a great car for wet and snowy weather. The allroad has a very smooth ride and great handling due to the air suspension and quattro (all wheel drive) and still has a sporty feel and good turbo acceleration. The car has style and classic good looks. In addition to all of the aforementioned this car is very practical; it comfortably carries 4 adults and can be used to haul a variety of things from the garden store/nursery and hardware store. Audis are luxury cars and generally maintenance is not cheap, if you can't afford to have the car serviced by an Audi dealer you probably should consider another option. Audi still produces A6 allroads, however they have not been imported to the US since 2005. The A4 allroad is a smaller car than the A6. If Audi would import the A6 allroad I would buy another one without hesitation.

I love my Audi Alroad
By JennIfer Gierok (guy rock)

2005 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Best used car I have ever owned hands down. Even runs better than some new cars I have owned. Great acceleration,handling,braking. So parts are a little more expensive but it's worth it. Plus how cool looking is an Audi anyways?

Best car I have owned
By James Kasameyer

2005 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

This car is still as good as the reviews from 2004-5 paint it. Luxurious, well equipped, safe, phenomenally practical in all weathers and great for those of us who ski, canoe, back pack, etc. I carry plant material in the back, and dimensional lumber on the roof rack. I actually use the adjustable height suspension in snowy conditions, beach driving, and unpaved back roads. It works and adjusts on the fly. But the best part is the engine: great torque, great sound, and it gives the allroad very good acceleration and passing performance. I had looked at 2.7l allroads in the early 2000s, and was put off by their lack of punch. Bought Saab 9-5 Aeros instead. Have owned Audis, BMWs, old Porsches before. Car before this was hotrod Outback. In terms of overall performance, this is the best.
There are some drawbacks. I bought this car 18 months ago, with 60,000 miles on it. It now has nearly 80,000. It is expensive to maintain. I have had to replace large parts of the air suspension system and odd mechanical gremlins are present. Navigation system and cabin electronics are historical artifacts. Previous owners had broken or mislaid interior and exterior trim parts. Nevertheless, this car may become a hobby as well as a mode of transportation. I already have more money in it than I could get out of it, but what could I replace it with?

OCTOBER 2016 UPDATE: I stand by my previous conclusion, car is great for long days of high speed driving, etc., etc. I must note, however that at 86,000 miles the engine self-destructed for no reason that Audi or my independent mechanic could figure out. There seem to be no rebuilt ones available, and so my Audi dealer found a used 4.2 L engine and installed it in the car. This took over a month. Audi dealer was very cooperative with loaner. New used engine just as good as the original one, it seems. Drove it from Portland to and from Bay area recently with no trouble.