Used 2015 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

2015 Audi A6 Prestige
By Dale

2015 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I had this car since July 14, 2014 and 72,000 miles. I have truly enjoyed the car. It is fun to drive and it has held up well. The 3.0 Super Charged engine provides good power. The ride is what is expected from a premium car. The external and internal appearance is very appealing. The concerns are with the automatic transmission noticeable shift points which is especially noticeable from a start at a stop light. The brakes are adequate but could have a better feel and modulation. Steering is good for most drivers unless you are a car critic. Recently, I had to replace both front wheel bearings, the driver side in January and passages side in May. I am happy with my car and plan on keeping it for two to three more years.

2015 A6 Prestige3
By Kikstan

2015 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I've owned 2 A8 and let me say the A6 does a great job. The car is every word of elegant. Quiet the v6 awesome better than the v8 I've driven. Average mpg 21.8 around town. Only issue audi connect couldn't really get it to work right.

I love this thing every time I drive it
By John Vetrano

2015 Audi A6 TDI Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

We've owned our diesel A6 for three years next month and love it. It was my daily driver for 2 1/2 years and my 35 minute commute (mostly curvy country back roads) was comfortable and the diesel had plenty of "umph" for passing. It has shift paddles but I never use them as the tranny seems to work fine and I still am not "in tune" with the characteristics of the diesel so I let the tranny do the shifting. I have taken it on three long road trips, each about 600 miles each way, and it is fantastic. Over 40 mpg at 70 mph with a nice stereo, awesomely comfortable seats, and an efficient cruise control (as an older base car it doesn't have adaptive cruise control). GPS is great and has voice control that works fine. We got the prestige with most of the bells and whistles (how did we live without heads up display??) The diesel-gate hit the fan a few months after we bought it but it never bothered me. We just had the fix done about a month ago and it seems to drive the same but mpg seems reduced a few percent. We already received our Audi settlement payment but not the Bosch one yet. Anyway, six months ago we sold my wife's SUF and bought a truck to pull a trailer so I've been driving the F150 and she's driving the Audi. I only drive it occasionally and today was such a day; I'm re-impressed with this car every time I drive it. I can't imagine that aside from size (and this has plenty of rear-seat and trunk room) an A8 can be any better. Thoughtful touches like the grocery bag hooks in the trunk are great. The interior (we got the open pore wood with a light tan leather) is still attractive and it is my first car with cooled seats, which are great in the summer (and for my hot-flashing wife!!). Anyway, can't say enough about it. Rockville Audi has been great (we had a BMW but the service at the local dealer was horrible). Last thing; I have managed to find what for me is the most perfect seating position in any car I've owned. I have a relatively short body compared to legs/arms but it is fully adjustable and the seat bottom tips back a bit to keep the thighs supported. Love it! We normally turn over cars about every three years but have decided to keep this for another three.

Second Audi
By H.P.

2015 Audi A6 2.0T Premium Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Love Audi, my first one, a great car was a 5000 and it's taken me 20 years to buy another one before I was impressed. I drove a1985 Porsche 911until now, this car reminds me of it, as far as the way it handles (of course it's not a Porsche). I research cars thoroughly before I buy and keep my cars on average of 10 years so I have to have confidence it'll last, perform and not stay in the repair shop. I think this will fulfill my expections.

Little annoyances that add up
By Houston Driver

2015 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Let me preface this by saying I've owned 4 BMW 5 Series in a row, the last of which was a 550i (circa 2012+/-). I decided to open my mind and consider getting something different, for a change. After reading the reviews, it appeared the A6 had surpassed all its competition, including the 5 series. You know how test drives go... I didn't really get to push it and certainly couldn't appreciate what daily and practical use of the vehicle would entail. You've read all the professional reviews which tend to ignore some of the annoyances you pick up on after owning the car for a while. In this review, I will only focus on the negative aspects of this car (not the positive). In no particular order... * Bluetooth connectivity was sub-par (compared to our Lexus RX 350). It takes far too long for the vehicle to recognize your phone, which poses obvious problems. If you are using the google maps app on your iPhone and it vocalizes guidance instructions over your car speakers, the first part of the instructions are always cut off (not so on the much cheaper Lexus). * iPhone integration is a joke. In a 2015 model I received the connection to an iPhone 4! When I asked where my iPhone 5 connector was, the dealership informed me I had to go to Apple to buy the adapter. Are you kidding me, Audi? If you connect your iPhone via Bluetooth, you can only select your songs on the Audi display SEQUENTIALLY. So if you have 3000 songs, you literally have to scroll through each song to get to the one you want. They give you an Audi app for media, but it was not reliable. Best thing to do is just to hard connect, but you have to turn off Bluetooth audio, or it will fuss at you. * Navigation has a critical flaw. Say you enter an address, it may prompt you to select (from about 5-7) a zip code. If you are unsure, you pick one and if it's the wrong one, you are informed that address doesn't exist. Why in the world would the option to select a zip code to a non-existent address be available, in the first place? There is also a feature to vocalize (input) the address. The button to activate this feature never worked reliably. * Computer processing power is sub-par. You'd think Audi would just step it up a notch and put in a better processor to speed up execution of commands. It takes forever for your system to initialize. Say you want to turn on Satellite radio, it may take up to 10 seconds (from when you start the car)... not so on my Lexus. * Seating is not great for road trips. I was spoiled with my last BMW because I had the comfort seats. The A6 (2015 version) didn't have this option available (I heard they added it in 2016, but have not verified and don't know just how comfortable it is for long hauls). On a few trips to Austin and Dallas (from Houston), I found myself constantly shifting from side to side because the seating was just not comfortable. My wife (5'4" 112 lbs) had similar complaints. * Steering still didn't feel as tight as my last BMW550 and, understandably (because the 550 was more powerful) the acceleration was not what I was accustomed to, either. * Air recycle always turned off by itself. It will not let you select the option to recycle and stay in this mode. * No USB to add music to the Jukebox. You can only do this using a CD, DVD, or memory card. * Transmission/gear issues. During slow (parking lot) speeds the car would occasionally jerk forward as if a gear was slipping or something. I ignored it at first, but my passenger would always say "Is there something wrong with your car". Long story short, I had the car for two years (on a three year lease) and put about 10K miles on it. I sold it and didn't mind paying for negative equity. This experience, along with my poor experience with Audi Central of Houston, I will likely not purchase another Audi.