Used 2010 Acura RDX SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used RDX for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

The Best small upscale SUV, hands down

klrsmile, 01/16/2012

Having test driven a variety of its competitors, including some SUVs up-market as well as down (GLK, X3, Q5, Highlander) as well as being a former MDX owner, my wife and I were equally impressed with the RDX, albeit for very different reasons. He: Love the performance, 0-60 in about 6 seconds - very impressive, and surprisingly nimble, a very fun car to drive. The stereo is equally impressive, sounds great and free 12 months subscription to satellite insures something for everyone to listen to. She: The cargo space handles weekend shopping and family upkeep with ease. Crash test ratings help keep the kids safe

One happy buyer here

May 2010 Buyer, 10/08/2010

Having used these reviews in my decision, I'm repaying my debt to the forum. Great car, would buy it again. I would recommend to anybody looking for something fully loaded for base price, V6 power in a V4, and luxury without the price. Five months and 8,000 miles later, I can appreciate the quality and workmanship even more.

Love it

Pleased, 11/25/2009

I love Honda Motor Company. Had an MDX before...which loved. Opted for 2wd b/c I don't need SH-AWD in TX. Better mpg...but just barely. Only complaint on RDX is that any 4 cyl. should get 20 MPG at least. I'm no lead-foot, but I only average 17 MPG in city. The tech package is great. Very similar to my MDX's, but also controls my ipod and weather forecast. Love hands-free talk features and the feel of steering. I don't use paddle-shifters. Ride is sportier and quicker than MDX, but just slightly bumpier. Road noise is great...not an issue. Plenty of room for us, but we don't regularly haul anything other than groceries. I don't tow anything and don't plan to.

Navi

Bean, 09/14/2010

The RDX is exeptional in every way...I'd recommend it to anyone. The quality is second to none. But I want to stress the superiority of the NAV package. After a recent road trip in a friend's Lexus, I am embarrassed for Toyota. The Honda Navi is far superior...the joy stick, zoom in/out, changing addresses on the go, categories of attractions, etc. The Acura Navi is intuitive, easy to use, fun and informative. I only have Lexus' to compare it to, but that Toyota's is a total waste of money.

Great Purchase

Will , 03/21/2010

Bought this instead of the CR-V and GLAD we did. My wife and I have a small family and wanted something bigger than our Accord but with decent gas mileage but still fun to drive. This fits the ticket. Averages 22 mpg w/ mixed driving and got 28 on a road trip. Ride is a little rough but not bad and is more than likely the quality roads we have in Louisiana. Love the ability to play my mp3's. Very happy with purchase.

Nice Commuter SUV

bob, 06/17/2010

I finally found it, a compact crossover SUV that has the right combination of luxury, comfort, and drivability at a reasonable price. My daily big city commute requires superb acceleration and smooth handling to ensure a safe drive. The Acura RDX gives me this, is fun to drive, and gets reasonable gas mileage. The seats are wide and welcoming for my 50+ year old body. The RDX is a very good value compared to other luxury SUVs. The base model cost 10-15% less than the other SUVs that I considered, yet had all of the features that I wanted. And when I sit in it, I can tell that Acura delivers a high quality product.

I originally reviewed after only a few days. Now I have had it about 6 months. Great car. Smaller than my MDX, but same great vehicle. The computer says I get 19.5 mpg all city driving. FWD is better on fuel than AWD, but still should be better. Very peppy and easy to drive. Turbo is great. Tech package is a must. I connected my ipod and love the fact the I can control it with normal stereo controls. Chevy Traverse drove well, but the interior, road noise, and overall drive doesn't even compare to Acura. I love it.

Follow-up to my previous Follow-up

Follow-up...again..., 08/13/2010

I've driven it for a year and I LOVE it. I wondered if I would miss my bigger SUV after the "new car" was gone, but I don't. This is a great car. Fun to drive, sporty, and easy to fit into any parking place. MPG could be better, but on the highway I do a little better than 21 MPG so no complaints. The Navi is superior to competitors' systems for ex, don't have to be in park to enter a new destination, etc. With seats folded down, I can fit anything I have needed to carry. MPG is the ONLY draw-back. I think a 4 cylinder should do better (even if it drives better than a V6) but that's just me. I just wanted to assure readers that the car is worth the money. I'd buy it again!

Excellent Value and Fully Loaded

Mark, 06/11/2010

After testing the BMW X3, Lexus, and Audi Q5 we happily selected the RDX. For the value the "base" model includes Bluetooth, heated seats, nice sound system, real time rear camera which shows up in the rear view mirror (pretty cool, just to name a few features. These features are additional packages in other crossovers and add a great deal to the cost. Moreover, the RDX is fun to drive with plenty of pick up, especially around corners.

Best Bang for the Buck!

Tim , 08/01/2010

Researched for 6+ months. Looked at Hyundai, KIa, Ford, Toyota, Honda, GMC, Chevy, Nissan. Drove their small crossovers. For the money, paid under 30, this by far the best of the bunch. Fit and finish is top notch, super quiet ride, great acceleration, easy handling. Had owned a TL several years ago and found this as well built. Cost is 15% to 20% under Infinity, Audi and Lexus. The front wheel dive is as good as AWD costing 2 grand more. Would recommend to all.

51050