Used 2008 Acura RDX 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A) Consumer Reviews

12345...6

A Great Compromise

Jim R, 10/11/2008
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Having spent a year and 13,000 miles with my RDX, I'm very pleased with the experience. After driving European sport sedans for the past 20 years, I wanted the utility, AWD, and taller view of a compact SUV. However, I didn't want to give up the "fun to drive" nature of my previous vehicles. The RDX delivers. It's very quick. And the ride is somewhat firm -- what I expected and wanted in a vehicle that enjoys attacking mountain curves. Yet, to me the ride is by no means harsh. The interior is well designed and fairly luxurious. Acura reliability is a huge bonus -- I got to know the service techs far too well with my previous cars.

In crossover segment, hard to beat

Jeremy C, 11/24/2007
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Faster and less expensive than the BMW X3, the Acura RDX is about as good as it gets in this segment. It drives like a sports sedan and has plenty of storage. If you're looking at the Murano, you should check out the RDX as well. It's faster and a lot nicer, for only a few thousand dollars more. The SH All Wheel Drive makes accelerating out of a corner nice as well. Overall, I'd give it a 9.5 / 10.

40K and so far, so good

twistlock, 12/17/2010
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

For the past couple of years my RDX has worked well - no warranty issues to date. In addition to city/ highway driving, I travel frequently to Lake Tahoe during the winter. The SH-AWD mated with winter tires keeps me truck'in along. Agree with other reviews that gas mileage is not the best when climbing the Sierra Nevada, but there is zero power loss (IMO) and I knew what to expect with a turbo-engine.

Learn about it first

RW, 05/07/2008
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Just bought my RDX and love to drive it. Make sure you know what you are getting with the RDX - it is a sports car with stiff suspension and a firm ride so if you want a soft, "never feel a bump" ride then look elsewhere. Went without the tech package - the $4k was too steep for me. If you want the suv where sport meets luxury (and don't need that much cargo room), check it out.

Rattle Trap

andreadavis1, 04/14/2011
4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Cute, Fun car to drive. Rough ride. You can feel every bump and vibration in your head rest and seat. Isn't this supposed to be a luxury car? Stiff suspension causes things to rattle in the car. Not enough compartments. Just a big deep hole in the center console. Not large enough to fit carseats behind drivers seat.

12345...6