Great All-Around SUV for the family
By dcraider on
2013 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
The XC60 was a great compromise for value and features including, of course, safety for my new family. The cargo handling is great as we have a dog, and car really achieves both form and safety pretty seamless and gives us the feeling of both comfort and zippy performance on the highway. This car really kicks and has smooth power throughout all stages of driving (highway, local, cruising, etc.). We looked at most of the other SUV's and chose this one on value (which is hard to say given they all are upwards of +mid-30's when well equipped.
Favorite Features
The seats are very comfortable especially the back where my wife with a new baby spends most of her time when I am driving! The latch points are great for the car seat and the center rest in back provides all the room for baby stuff. The auto opening latch is great and the trunk is well thought out for sure for storage configurations.
Suggested Improvements
1. Terrible navigation. But that's a complaint of a lot of SUV navs. I don't understand why they don't just incorporate a built-in Garmin into cars. Entering addresses is a pain and the nav system doesn't route as smart as the Garmin or my Google Maps from the iphone. Although there is a learning function, I don't have time to teach my car the best route when Google Maps gets it right off the bat. But alas Nav came with the package we wanted so its there but not well liked. 2. The center rest in front is not height adujustable like the Audi Q5's ... not a deal killer, just annoying.