Used 2007 Volvo S80 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo S80 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:

Still a great car after 100k miles
By rustysmith

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

No problems after 107k. Rock solid car. Originally bought it for the seats because of a bad back. Reliability has been superb and fuel economy better than EPA ratings. Seats and leather are world class, and the ergonomic interior is nice. I've come to love the fuselage-like look and design of the floating center stack console. There are trade offs with everything, though. The cabin lets in a reasonable amount of road noise and the ride is jittery and stiff. As a full disclaimer, I like an old school soft ride to the firm ride preferred today, and the Volvo is more BMW than Buick. That said, I'd buy it all over again. I'm even happier with my car today than I was four years ago.

-Reliability -Seats -Soft leather -Ergonomics -Interior design -Dynaudio sound system -Affordability (I bought mine mine was three years old w/40k miles and I bought it for $21k) -Fuel economy. EPA rated it at 16 city/25 hwy, but I get 20+ MPG driving 95% city backroads during rush hour in Houston. Lowest MPG I ever recorded was 19.3 MPG on a tank a few months back. Got 28+ MPG over three fill ups during a road trip two years ago.

-Interior noise level -Ride comfort (tradeoff for better handling, I still prefer the silky smooth 'big car' ride of the old Buicks) -Some of blue paint on Volvo emblem on steering wheel flaked off

Best car I ever had
By tacomatim

2007 Volvo S80 V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have driving Volvo cars since 1979. This is by far the best Volvo I have ever had, and I can also say the best of any cars I ever had. It run smoothly, sounds great (typical of a V8 with dual exhaust), runs economically and still have the necessary power when needed. I highly recommend it!

Best value for the dollar in luxery
By kryfka012

2007 Volvo S80 V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I never thought i would own a volvo bc i always liked the luxury sport feeling. when i saw the volvo s80 it caught my eye, and when i test drove the v8 it had the power i wanted. with the adjustible suspension i would wip it around the turns and take of when i need to. i think this car is great and it feels like it was built with great quality to the touch and eye.

the feeling you get behind the wheel, the way the instruments are easy to read use and understand. i love the new dash and instrument council the best.

i am only 5 11 and i some times feel like its tight getting in and out of the car. i also wish the car would do more then just flash the lights when you lock the car bc i always have to double check.

Great car. Solid and reliable. Poor gas mileage
By necostanzo

2007 Volvo S80 3.2 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used with 64,000 miles. It is a great looking car that is extremely well built. Much more solid than the 2005 Audi A6 I owned (that car had more rattles than a 10 year old Yugo). Seats are very comfortable, however the natural tanning process they use is not resistant to normal conditioners and cleaners (I cleaned the dirty drivers seat and it removed some of the tanned leather on the right side of the seat bottom bolster). The gas mileage is poor as compared to other V6's in the 3.2l-3.5l variety. My Audi A6 got about 27-28mpg hwy and this car only gets about 25-26mpg and it is only FWD and less powerful. Saturn Aura got 29mpg. Great car, solid reliable, poor mpg.

Solid and smooth reliable - no issues or known defects comfortable

More durable leather tanning process Improve gas mileage

Most comfortable and one of the safest car
By xjungrocx

2007 Volvo S80 V8 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Styling is very conservative and bland, which is my favorite feature of the car. This car is very comfortable and has plenty of power to spend. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking into buying luxury midsize sedan with AWD system that works.

1. Factory options including pop-up navigation, parking sensor, and blind spot indicating light system are very useful. 2. Go anywhere V8 AWD proved itself in recent winter storm. 3. Very fast responding heated seats. 4. Best highway MPG - 25 5. It is so comfortable!!!. Best highway MPG - 25 5. It is so comfortable!!!!

1. Too many false positives in blind spot indicating light system. 2. My worst MPG was 14.8. I guess you can't do anything about that with V8 AWD w/ close to 5000 pound sedan. 3. Rear defogger takes good 15 min to clear anything min to clear anything.