2005 Volvo S80 Consumer Review: Swedish Bombshell

2005 Volvo S80 - Consumer Review

T6 Sedan (2.9L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo 4-speed Automatic)

Swedish Bombshell
By Jim P. B. on

2005 Volvo S80 T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

My S80 T6 is less than a month old and my wife & I very pleased with the performance, comfort and luxury of this automobile. I ordered the Four C chassis, combo climate/warm weather package and the Bi-Xenon lights as we live on the Gulf coast and have to contend with heat and fog. We took the car on a cross country trip to the mid west and the Four-C was awesome in the hills of Kentucky and the heated seats came in handy during a cold snap in Michigan. I did have 2 small problems that were immediately corrected by the dealer: mis aligned headlamps and a bad fuel pump sensor that caused the check engine light to pop on. Volvo seems to have gotten the kinks out of this model. Super Safe!

The awesome seats. I am 6'3" and this is the first car I have not suffered road fatigue in. And the memory feature is a must as my wife is a foot shorter than me. Auto dimming mirror is cool. Built in sun shades are great. Thank God Volvo brought back the real wood trim. Courtesy perimeter lights

A beep when the car alarm is armed. Larger console storage. Junk the pop up cup holder for one like it's partner in the console. Graphic volume indicator on the radio screen. Speedo graduations are too close together use a 120mph scale for the U.S. Move the brake pedal slightly to the left.