2005 Volvo S80 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S80 model:
T6 Poor Reliability, Too Many Problems - Avoid All VOLVOS
By roversocal on 03/18/14 10:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

In a sentence: do not buy Volvo or any model S80. PERIOD! Poured about $3500 in repairs into the car over 2 years only to have problems with transmission shifting and random CELs. I know cars. Here's what was done: new struts, serpentine belt, fuel filter, MAF, coil packs. Then a transmission service urgent light came on at 78k miles with long upshift. Paid for software update and drain/fill..no change. Volvo Santa Ana was garbage and always overcharged/misdiagnosed. You can get an old Civic/Corolla with better reliability. The car literally sat because we thought it was unsafe and would walk instead.

Another Volvo
By Michael & Barbara on 03/18/05 09:14 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is our second Volvo and were "sold". We're sold on the safety features, fuel economy, "green" exhaust system, overall comfort and handling, styling and most of all, dealer attention and courtesy.

My Rating
By pom36jim on 11/17/04 12:32 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

This is my 2nd Volvo. it meets all my expectations.

Swedish Bombshell
By Jim P. B. on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S80 Sedan T6 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.9L 6cyl Turbo 4A)

My S80 T6 is less than a month old and my wife & I very pleased with the performance, comfort and luxury of this automobile. I ordered the Four C chassis, combo climate/warm weather package and the Bi-Xenon lights as we live on the Gulf coast and have to contend with heat and fog. We took the car on a cross country trip to the mid west and the Four-C was awesome in the hills of Kentucky and the heated seats came in handy during a cold snap in Michigan. I did have 2 small problems that were immediately corrected by the dealer: mis aligned headlamps and a bad fuel pump sensor that caused the check engine light to pop on. Volvo seems to have gotten the kinks out of this model. Super Safe!