An Expensive Ride
By gorj on
2009 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)
I am a Volvo owner since 1967. Being a mechanic, I have performed most of the non-warranty work on the Volvo myself. My experience has been that most Volvo dealers are way too expensive for both parts and labor. Sometimes they tend to find issues with your Volvo that never existed before you took it in. They also often do not repair what you asked them to repair. Recently I ordered a new key and remote for my 2009 Volvo, which was missing one of the two when I purchased it. The key and remote were about $300. The Volvo dealer wanted another $295 to program it. I am outraged that for just a key and a remote I will be out almost $600. This may be my last Volvo!!
Favorite Features
I have always liked the safety of a Volvo. But as Volvo becomes so expensive to own, I am considering other autos that are just as safe today but cost much less to own. Volvo has always had a very comfortable seat with lots of adjustments. I like the programable power seat adjustments.
Suggested Improvements
Volvo needs to be more fuel efficient. 23 to 28 MPG does not make it today. $600 for a key and remote is absurd. What were they thinking? The interior of a Toyota Camry at $20,000 has more room than a $40,000 S60! An entertainment system should include navigation, Bluetooth, USB, etc. with a auto of this class. The cruise control switch on the steering wheel is in a awkward position. The auto temp control looses its settings every time you turn off the car. Sometimes the radio switches from AUX to FM on it own. At the price it should include home link. Trunk height is too short. Should be easy to turn off headlights when driving - another major programing issue.