2005 Volvo S60 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (55 reviews )
Funnest car I've owned yet!
By Justin on 10/20/08 18:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I am a 24 year old college grad that needed a car that had curb appeal, but performance! I owned a 2003 S60 2.5t AWD but had found this car being traded in by the last owner when I was changing the oil! It's my best purchase yet to date. I have the areo ground effects package with 18 inch rims. I did a few performance upgrades and tunes, so it's definitely not stock. I'm pushing 438 at all wheels however I have 487 torque! Runs 11 seconds all day long. Great sleeper!

Original Owner
By Rick on 05/14/08 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Ok so I have only put 7000 miles on this car in three years yet all the time I enjoyed every minute of it. The first S60 R I owned in 2004 was a lemon and returned then I got this one the metallic green with atacanda leather and every option. This car is fast and furious and drives better than my 75 Corvette by far. I'll never get rid of it. I have had almost zero problems.

Good buy, Great car
By marky mark on 12/21/07 15:21 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great car! I am only 18 but I love my parents for getting me it, what can I say, were a volvo family. My dad has the s80 and the s60r brings the sport back to volvo. I also have an 2000 s70 glt which is fun, but doesnt compare. I only wish I had gotten manual.... except in those traffic jams

Going back to BMW
By Back to BMW on 12/21/07 08:20 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Never intended to buy a Volvo but wound up buying this one. I do like the acceleration. The brakes have already been replaced due to squeaking and are doing it again! Had to replace very expensive tires at 20,000 miles! Multi CD player skips and was replaced with another one that does the same thing. Back seat doesn't have any leg room when drivers seat is set at a comfortable setting for me at 5'8". Could maybe fit a baby car seat behind it as there is only about 3" between front and back seat. This car is next to impossible to park with its horrible turning radius! My husband's truck turns and parks much better than this tank!

Tire Problems
By Schulmani on 11/15/07 12:41 PM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my '05 R certified with 25k miles and loved it until I had to replace all four high performance summer tires (it was covered by certification) then again 2k miles later (not covered by certification). Ugh! So buyer beware the sensitivity of the front suspension and tire wear. Other than that this is a great car - under the radar and superfast. Great performance with volvo safety - if only it was more reliable.

Great Car
By julia on 07/07/07 18:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I commute 100 miles/day round trip to work and this car makes the drive fun. Passing on the tollway is easy and the interior is nicely designed and comfortable.

Smiles Every Day
By Nick on 03/19/07 21:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has two personalities: casual cruiser, all-business performer. I have done two 8-hour+ trips in this car and arrived fresh. But on tight curves or in tough traffic, change the suspension and it will deliver. Sport and advanced settings deliver good road feel. No torque-steer noticed on hard acceleration. Brakes are excellent. I love entering the highway from a standing start...then glancing in the mirror. My mileage is a few MPG's above rated. Parktronic is a must-have, and watch the blind spot off the left. Winter road grip (w/ snow tires) is rock solid. Manual shifter takes practice, but is smooth. No mechanical problems.

Fun Car
By AL Volvo on 03/15/07 18:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The car is extremely fun to drive. It has the most comfortable seats that I've ridden in. I've had a couple of little problems but nothing keeping me from recommending this car. The back seat is a little tight.

Early life crisis
By R_Rated on 03/03/07 08:59 AM (PST)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I needed a car that was a bit more pretentious than my Mercedes. At my age and a sales career I needed something more responsible looking. The volvo fit that perfectly. I wanted a toy that was fast and fun to drive.... This car has been perfect from the get go. Add some goodies and before I knew it, I had a 600 hp monster on my hands. (463 to the wheels)

The R model is a beautiful machine
By yorlean morales on 08/14/06 14:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have always owned volvo's but never one this quite fun to drive. Love the acceleration and handling, it has been one head turner for me. I love the fact of it being a limited production and being the only S60R around my neighbourhood...makes it owning one more special!!!!