2003 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Great commuter car
By agr_msu on 01/11/10 08:05 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my wife's car, she absolutely loves it. She commutes about 70 miles a day each way and the car is comfortable, reliable, and looks good to her peers. We love the manual transmission and regularly get 32 mpg. Our only complaint is that the backseat is a tight fit for a baby/infant seat. It holds adults fine.

One of the best cars I have ever had
By L.A. Philip on 01/13/09 12:36 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Of all the cars I have ever owned this is one of my favorites. This is a solid built very comfortable car. I would suggest the power seat package. The interior can look kind of drab, I have the extra wood kit and it makes a 100% difference in the look of the dash and interior I typically only keep a car 3 to 4 years I have had this one going on 6 years and still enjoy driving it. The car is great in bad weather, you hit the “W” mode and the car grips the road in heavy rain. The rear fog light gets people to back off tailgating in the heavy fog. On the freeway for road trips I get about 30 MPG, in town I average about 19 MPG. The 60/40 split folding back seat is nice to have.

Solid Car
By Nikki on 11/22/07 15:24 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I am on my third volvo and they have maintained their high level of quality. I continue to be impressed with the comfort and useability of the interior. The performance is lacking the oomph that many newer cars have. Great highway gas mileage (I get around 36 MPG highway). The backseat is lacking leg room, but is comfortable with two adults, three is a squeeze. I recommend Volvo to those looking for a comfortable, reliable car.

Love it
By Love to drive on 04/13/07 07:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I used these reviews before buying, so I feel I need to contribute. Own an SUV and wanted a "run around" car. It's safe (I have 2 kids) and very fun to drive (I got a manual transimission). The gas mileage is excellent. It has a luxury feel but is sporty. My heated seats work just fine. It handles curves nicely. Took me a while to figure out all the bells and whistles.

You may have big trouble with S60
By Incubus on 05/02/06 06:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Well, Ford-owned Volvo needs to improve a lot. After riding a year, the engine of S60 stops sometimes during maneuver and the big problem cannot be fixed yet. The suspension is now too soft to give firm ride comfort and the interior makes a rather noisy sound.

Very Satisfied
By Miss Satisfied on 10/23/05 12:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I had a Honda Accord, a Lexus, Acura TL before this car and I LOVE my Volvo S60!!! I always wanted one when they got rid of the boxy body style. I get lots of compliments. It has a great extended warranty 5 yrs or 100,000 miles. I just wish I gotten the heated seats option, but from reading these reviews they don't sound warm enough. Overall, a great buy and a good investment as any when it comes to a buying a car.

S60 rattles and repairs
By Jon on 08/16/05 18:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I bought the Volvo based on price (5 speed was deeply discounted) and the supposed reliability. Other than an 88 Tarus I had as a company car, the Volvo has been in the shop more than any car I have owned. At 500 miles the cam sensor went out. So the first 10 days I owned the car it was in the shop for 6. Its has been in for rattles three times. Bad oxygen sensor needed replacing. Fog light "plug" fell out of the bumper. Lug nuts are rusting. And the rattles are still present. I like driving the car the car, the comfort and fuel economy,32 mpg highway at 70, but you have to live with a lot of minor issues that are annoying. Oh, and the check engine light is coming on sporadically.

My 1st Volvo
By RRomanel on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Several of my friends have owned Volvos for years. I never liked the older "box" type models. The S60 is a real good looking cars. Great features and the it has the best seats you'll ever sit in. Don't let the 168 hp worry you -- the engine has plenty of power and torque. Very nice ride.

I think I like it.
By CeeCee22 on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I tried to install an alarm system and the anti-theft system already present seems to clash with the new alarm system. I'm still dealing with getting that worked out. Also, I live 150 miles from closest dealership and I've been told that since I'm still under factory warranty I will have to return to the dealership should any issues arise. I was told something TOTALLY different at the time of sale. So I feel a little bit misled. As for the car itself. It drives ok. I love the way it looks and have wanted a Volvo for years. A little disappointed with the ride and handling. I thought it would be slightly better.

Great S 60
By spagtio on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Excellent value - great ride, safety features, styling. The car has a great road feel, good power balance and good fuel economy. The clutch requires the least effort I've ever experienced!