Great Daily Driver
By Pleasantly Surprised on
2006 Volkswagen Rabbit 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
I started looking at the Rabbits because of the ads and because I used to own a '87 Golf. When I started checking out the standard features I was shocked at how much car you get for under $20,000. I thought there had to be a compromise in quality somewhere. But after driving the Rabbit I was impressed. The car has a very solid feel and grips the road well. My previous vehicle had a 2.5L V6 (5M) and was nowhere near as quick as this car. The visibility is good in this car with a slight difficulty in seeing past the "b" beam. One of my favorite points about this car is how safe I feel driving it. Beside the eight airbags, it has four wheel ABS and ESP optional(which I got). Buy the Rabbit.
Favorite Features
In-dash CD player can hold ~1000 MP3s. Ten speakers. Eight airbags. Cooled glovebox. Two-way adjustable armrest. All disc brakes. Red LED map lights. Electromechanical steering. Roll windows up or down OUTSIDE the car. Rear A/C. Switchblade-style key. Did I mention these are ALL STANDARD!
Suggested Improvements
I would definitely move the cruise control stick. Power seat controls would be nice on the front passenger's seat. I would like to see the m.p.g. increased, or a TDI version. Although with tougher diesel restrictions these days it probably won't happen anytime soon.