Overall, A Good Little Car
By punch_bug1020103 on
1998 Volkswagen New Beetle 2dr Hatchback
At first glance, I thought this car was cute, but would not perform well. I then proceeded to test drive it. There I got my first taste of it's "spunkiness". Its acceleration is a little slow, but it is adequate. The interior is very well designed, except for the cup holder's locations. I think the indigo glowing gauges are cute. The room from the front seats is quite bigger than one might think. However the rear seats are cramped. Mechanically, this car is designed well. I personally love the transmission, and it's gear ratios. I find that the ratios come in handy on hills when the car doesn't roll back for an automatic. Overall, I think that this car is great; it turns heads.
Favorite Features
There are many features I like on this car. One of them being the trunk space - there is just the right amount, it's not so big as to be overwhelming, but it also isn't so small that you can't utilize it properly.
Suggested Improvements
I feel that the cup holders are entirely in the wrong place. The frontal three are under the dash, which means that one cannot place tall glasses. While the rear cupholder is convenient for the rear passenger, it isn't for the driver or front passenger.