2004 Volkswagen Jetta 1.9L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Love my Diesel Jetta

2004 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

Love my Diesel Jetta
By Dan on

2004 Volkswagen Jetta GL TDI 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Well, no matter the fuel costs, $1.59/gal(june04) or $2.09/gal(12/04), I get the advertised 38mpg city, but set at cruise, 65mph Hwy, I get 52 mpg. The overall comfort is very good, but the front seat shoulders should curve in more as being 5'-4" I don't get full effect of seat comfort. Interior controls are very easy to use w/o affecting driving, rear seat leg room cramped a bit, but manageable. I sometimes get "creaking" noise in doors, but I WD40 the hinges and that stops. LOVE the interior control lighting. It's fun to drive all the time. I look forward to driving it. Handles all curves excellent, even at 45 mph.

Favorite Features

The 5 speed manual shift. Very smooth shifting and quick response. LOVE the dash/interior controls lighting.Very easy on the eyes. Wow, the trunk space is surprisingly large.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat shoulder (and back) comfort. Shoulders should curve in more as being a short person, I don't get full comfort affect of shoulder/back support. Overhead map lights could be brighter.