Used 1995 Volkswagen Jetta Base Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

1995 Volkswagen Jetta

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Nothing like a Jetta
By N.D. Hamilton

1995 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan

In 1996, I traded my '85 Jetta ( which was still running well) for the 1995 Jetta that I am still driving. It now has 173,000 miles on it and performs like new. I NEVER had a problem with either car. My '95 still gets 32 mpg on the road and about 25 mpg in town. I always kept up their routine maintenance and replaced a few parts due to normal wear. Such a dependable car, lots of power, fun to drive, handles like a dream, and a champ on winter roads and snow. No intention of trading this car in - ever. Have had second cars over the years, but none equaled the Jetta... including the Mercedes.

So I Bought It from an Old Lady
By jettakid

1995 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan

Well I bought my 1995 Volkswagen Jetta as a junior in high school. It was a great car to drive to school in, 32 miles each way. I have been doing a lot of work to keep it on the road, and parts are extremely expensive, and the aftermarket is almost non-existent. For a small car though, it is great, because I am 6'3" and fit with some room to spare, as long as no one sits behind me.

The huge trunk and 1,000 mile seats.

Improve the part availability. It needs an improved electrical system, better reliability, and better gas mileage (I have gotten 35 on the highway, but average only 18-20 in daily driving).