Used 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen S PZEV Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Wagon - Consumer Reviews

S PZEV Wagon (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Jetta SportWagen model:
One of the last great wagons
By touareg13 on 02/18/15 06:54 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Wagon S PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've had my 2011 2.5l Jetta Wagon for about 70k miles and it's been a great, reliable wagon. The size of the car is perfect. You can fit 4 adults and their gear or fold the seat down if you need to haul anything big. I've never run out of room in this car. Its a not performance car but the 5 speed transmission is fun to row through and the 5 cylinder engine has enough power to have some fun on twisty roads. Its also a very practical car for the price - the standard features are great (bluetooth, heated seats), I average about 30 mpg and this little car will handle bad weather with proper tires. My wagon goes with me on many ski and mountain bike trips and its never let me down.

An excellent all round car
By nij on 12/26/13 13:21 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Wagon S PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've had the car for 3 years now. Used it for pretty much everything -> Haul cargo ( 500+ miles ), furniture from ikea. With the rear seats folded, i was able to completely assembled computer table in it. Although i wish the car was a little wider. Commuter car -> I use it to commute 30+ miles daily and it is a quiet and smooth ride. the standard seat heaters help in winter. The car was covered under the factory free maintenance until now, so i haven't had to spend any extra money on it. The car averages 28-32 mpg ( city - highway ) for me. The highway ride is smooth and comfortable. I haven't spent any money on repairs so far and have 45K+ miles on it.

Best bang for the buck by far
By juanchankane on 03/20/11 04:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Wagon S PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Checked all small SUVs and most sedans out there. With my home minister we settled down for this peppy, refined wagon. An SUV would be more comfortable but no way near as sportier and fun to drive, and I'm not willing to give that up. Obviously fuel economy is also better for a wagon. However I didn't go for the Diesel everybody's favouring, as I like more this well known 5 cyls one. Rattles, wind, noises & road & insulation are a big concern to me and this wagon is up there with the best about this. Known issues are very few in comparison with other options. Quality and attention to details is abundant. The sound is pretty good, VW has gone crazy with stock speakers in ammount and quality.