2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta SportWagen model:
An excellent all round car
By nij on 12/26/13 13:21 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Wagon S PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've had the car for 3 years now. Used it for pretty much everything -> Haul cargo ( 500+ miles ), furniture from ikea. With the rear seats folded, i was able to completely assembled computer table in it. Although i wish the car was a little wider. Commuter car -> I use it to commute 30+ miles daily and it is a quiet and smooth ride. the standard seat heaters help in winter. The car was covered under the factory free maintenance until now, so i haven't had to spend any extra money on it. The car averages 28-32 mpg ( city - highway ) for me. The highway ride is smooth and comfortable. I haven't spent any money on repairs so far and have 45K+ miles on it.

5,000 miles, so far so good
By cadrm123 on 10/22/11 11:15 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought this car this summer and so far have quite enjoyed it. It accelerates and drives well for a more family friendly car than my Audi convertible. The seat is comfortable, and I am getting between 30-31 mpg on the car. I have found that cabin space ample for my trips around town.

Forget the sedan, try this first
By emajor on 06/27/11 10:38 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Wagon S 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This wagon is versatile and refined. We've carried furniture, huge Rubbermaids, not possible with a sedan. Tons of cargo room when you need it, drives just like the sedan when you don't. Handling is responsive, the steering has a nice feel and heft to it, and the ride is comfortable without being too soft or sloppy. Supportive seats, perfect driving position. Interior is way too nice for a $20K car. Strong 5 cylinder engine with lots of torque down low. Gets 29-34 mpg highway. Nice clutch and shifter. Test drove the TDI, nice engine, but didn't feel it was worth the additional $5000. 13,000 miles and no problems yet. As long as it stays reliable, I will have no regrets.

Best bang for the buck by far
By juanchankane on 03/20/11 04:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Wagon S PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Checked all small SUVs and most sedans out there. With my home minister we settled down for this peppy, refined wagon. An SUV would be more comfortable but no way near as sportier and fun to drive, and I'm not willing to give that up. Obviously fuel economy is also better for a wagon. However I didn't go for the Diesel everybody's favouring, as I like more this well known 5 cyls one. Rattles, wind, noises & road & insulation are a big concern to me and this wagon is up there with the best about this. Known issues are very few in comparison with other options. Quality and attention to details is abundant. The sound is pretty good, VW has gone crazy with stock speakers in ammount and quality.

A lot for the money
By alshi on 03/09/11 16:20 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Wagon S 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Drives well. Seats are very comfortable in front and back. Lots of headroom (a 6 footer will have several inches of headroom in the front seats). Good visibility. Lots of features for the price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen Wagon in VA is:

$129 per month*