2011 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GTI model:
Exactly What I Expected and Thought I Wanted.
By bwschubert on 10/08/12 08:53 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Autobahn 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I feel this car has delivered exactly what was promised based on reputation and car magazine reviews. It is fun to drive, especially with the sweet shifting manual and quickly spooling engine, the ergonomics are exactly aligned to how I think, and the hatchback practicality is obviously a big plus. I have had absolutely zero reliability issues over 16,000 miles and 13 months and have not experienced any poor customer service when I have been to the dealership. After a over a year though, I cannot stand the leather seats as they are not perforated and are always disgustingly hot, and the exterior styling looks cheap from some angles.

Fun and sensible
By GTIGR on 08/27/12 06:34 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Autobahn 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Coming from Acura, I don't miss a bit of luxury. Actually the GTI makes much more sense. It's extremely well-built with a logical and spartan/germanic layout. Navigation and ipod integration work smoothly and fast. The leather seats are very comfy and supportive while the interior is much more spacious than you think. I left the powertrain last. It's a blast to drive the GTI. Whether commuting or playing, it just brings a smile. I had a VW in 2003, so I was afraid of VW's reliability... But GTI has come a long way. It's not as reliable as my 2009 TSX but it's quite close. Actually you wouldn't want GTI to become Japanese... you definitely want it to stay German: a toy and a commuter.

More fun than than I thought possible
By dr_pangloss on 01/25/11 05:44 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback Autobahn 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was expecting to buy an Audi A4 or A3 and I drove the GTI on a whim. It's a good thing that I did this because I bought the the 2011 model almost immediately. This car is unbelievably fun to drive and it's economical, practical, reasonably priced (29k for the Autobahn package) and compares very favorably to every other car in it's class. The interior has an Audi build quality but costs a couple k less and the VW warranty is now better than Audi. The amenities included in many ways trump the Audis as well. For instance, the Bluetooth package on the GTI has the A2DP streaming protocol included as part of the base features. Not on the Audis, you'll pay extra & lose your iPod integration too.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen GTI Hatchback in VA is:

$138 per month*