If FUN to DRIVE is high on your list of priorities!
By skater69 on
2014 Volkswagen Golf 2.5L PZEV 4dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
My 2.5 doesn't have Bluetooth/phone capability nor a touch screen. But it has what matters most to me; a huge fun to drive personality. I put sticky 225/45/17/wheels on the car shortly after buying it. Highly recommended as it handles insane now and looks way better. The stock rubber/wheels need to go straight to Craigslist. Driven 2500 miles since new. My impressions so far: -Prefer to now drive it all the time in manual mode except on the freeway. I find manual shifting the automatic to be a lot of fun and the shifts are responsive. I also like downshifting when coming to a stop. All this with while getting to rest my left leg. -While it's not blazing "fast", it's far from slow eith
Favorite Features
handling, grunt of 2.5 engine, interior layout, seats...everything pretty much.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is sub-par but I hammer it all the time and still get 20-22mpg avg on regular. Drive it nicely and I'm sure I'd have mid-upper 20s. But who cares.....the car cost me less than $20K.
By skater69
on 03/14/14 09:32 AM (PDT)

since my review got cut off, here's the rest: And the faster you go, the more confident this car feels which is a great feeling. My sticky 225/45/17 tires just add this capability. -This car will easily cruise 85-90 on the freeway. In fact it's easy to get in trouble in this car even I don't monitor my freeway speed. -I love the sound/character/feistyness of the 5 cylinder and the fact that it's normally aspirated. -The car feels really tight and solid especially in the handling department. It's always ready to dance. -Ride quality is the perfect balance between sport and comfort -Gas mileage while improving still sucks for me (20-22 overall) but that's because I'm drive'spiritedly pretty much all the time. At least it takes regular gas. -I still really look forward to driving it as it'sa bon a fide fun car on the cheap! I still think it's the best all around package for the money.