Used 2003 Volkswagen Golf GLS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volkswagen Golf - Consumer Reviews

2003 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Golf model:

VW is a whole new standard of automobile
By VW4Life

2003 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first economic vehicle, and my first Volkswagen. You can easily fit people inside, or lay the rear seats and fit lots of stuff inside. The quality of vehicle compared to all other makes is amazing. Everything from the drive to the notice to detail interior. This car is fun, stylish, reliable, and economic. Once you get in a VW you're hooked.

Favorite Features

Too many to list.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Great Little Car
By weebs86

2003 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great! I love everything about it but the main reason why I'm writing this review is because of the lack of information about the audio system online. My car has the Monsoon system, and man oh man, is it awesome. I have a friend who has a Chevy Trailblazer with the Bose system and this thing is seriously just as good. Here are the specs, straight from the owners manual: 4 tweeters at 20 Watts each (Two in front, two in back), 2 Woofers (Front Doors) at 30 Watts Each and - get this - 2 Subwoofers at 30 watts each (rear doors) = 180 total watts. Sure, 60 watts for the combined subs doesn't quite match aftermarket subs of 1000s of watts, but TRUST me, you'll be plenty happy.

Favorite Features

Like I said, I like everything about the car. The neat little sun blocker above the rear-view mirror, the handling, and the quality of the materials is superb. The Premium Velor seating is very nice too.

Suggested Improvements

A little more engine power would be nice, but I have no real need for speed so it isn't a huge deal.

Golf
By dleecycles

2003 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a super fun drive. Lots of interior room with the seats down. The car gets pretty good gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The steering feel of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Rear windshield wiper.

Love my GLS
By Dave in Bay Area

2003 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Researched different cars on Edmunds, glad I did! I even got it at the TMV price with Monsoon system, sunroof, Alloys, and winter package. Seat warmers are nice even in California! I am very happy with the design, "feels" better than other cars I test drove. Plenty of power... if I wanted more I would have gotten the turbo, but that might mean more maintenance$. Nice to have all the airbags also.

Favorite Features

Seat warmers, steering wheel, auto- locking features, stereo sounds good, & easy to wash!

Suggested Improvements

6 disc CD would be nice(in-dash type)

My 3rd
By Sammyyou

2003 Volkswagen Golf Hatchback GLS 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had a single problem with my golfs,owened 3 of them and all i had to do is normal oil change and brakes. the only thing is the rear seat space,i'm sure it'll be better in the 2004 new style, MY 4th Golf..