Used 1999 Volkswagen EuroVan GLS Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Volkswagen Eurovan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific EuroVan model:

Ain't just for surfin
By 9399euro

1999 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan

My third vw van. Better than all the others, more power, hauls lg loads, good camper without all the unnec. extras of mv, ez to clean up and maintain. Drives Euro=stiff, not like the honda/toyota boats of same/later year.

Favorite Features

hanadling and windows

Suggested Improvements

outside stiyling, more like vw minibus

One of the best Volks Van's I have ever.
By surferboy

1999 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan

I have owned VW vans for a long time, and the GLS with VR6 is probably the best one I have ever had. It has power, comfort, and a really great exterior design. This is by far the prettiest shoe box I have ever seen!!

Favorite Features

Exterior design, carrying capacity, ease of conversion from people carrying monster to equipment carrying monster.

Suggested Improvements

The fan in the front is pretty effeminate (no offense to ladies!). All my other cars blow air really well, but this one seems to be toned down a bit. Other than that, this is a great van!

Relive it with a V6
By Piddle

1999 Volkswagen EuroVan Minivan GLS 3dr Minivan

I drove a full size Ford van for travel, but my wife didn't like it's size. When looking at "minivans" I found them to be less spacious than the station wagons I grew up with. They were just sedans with another seat squished in there. The Newly designed Eurovan is Spacious without taking up the whole road. It has a commanding panoramic view of the road and truly seats seven comfortably. Takes me back to the old Microbus days, but can climb a hill like anything. Great van.

Favorite Features

Spacious, Great view from driver's seat, V6, (and I love the optional heated seats.)

Suggested Improvements

Second row straight backed bench seats have been replaced with buckets. Great improvement. Could be more aerodynamic. Look out for new Microbus!!!