1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cabriolet model:
Low and Slow!!
By Balr Cby on 07/02/10 09:38 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Convertible Classic 2dr Convertible

I'm the third owner with 125k right now. Oil pressure switch gives me a fit sometimes, but she starts every time and still gets looks. My wife loves the little car, and it's definitely a unique one, the last year of the MKI body style!

Gretel, my tons of fun VW!
By Beekaboil on 05/27/10 20:09 PM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Convertible Classic 2dr Convertible

This Cabriolet is the first VW that I myself have ever owned, actually the first car that is really mine! And I'm 61! I have been looking for a Cabriolet for several years and when I found this one, I know I paid a little too much and she needs a little work, but I have so much fun driving this car! This car fits me to a T, my hubby, not so much.Thank goodness we can put the top down! I'm planning on keeping my Gretel until the fenders fall off or someone offers me a million for her whichever comes first. ha ha

VW Cabriolet 1993
By Terri on 06/29/05 14:16 PM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Convertible Classic 2dr Convertible

I have seen every one of this workhorse's, my 1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet, 189,000 miles. Now that she's a geriatric, she's gained a bit of an attitude with her reliability, but is still far more dependable than any other car her age and/or with her miles (if you can find one).

1993 VW
By psychdoc on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Convertible Classic 2dr Convertible

great car, fun to drive, a classic, nice car to have in the sunshine state.

Fun car ... in the sun ... or anywhere
By justme52365 on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Volkswagen Cabriolet Convertible Classic 2dr Convertible

I have loved my 93 vw ... i should note ... before this i had a 91 vw jetta which i did not (like) ... the only negative i can say about this car is the oil pressure switch is sometimes a hassle - if u get a good vw mechanic - they can take care of it .... as of 2003, i have 173000 miles on it ... and i have never changed the clutch or had any other major problems .... been fun ... and i plan to keep it ... for a long time ...