1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Consumer Review: Love the car BUT . . .had some

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio Convertible - Consumer Review

Love the car BUT . . .had some problems
By VW Girl on

1995 Volkswagen Cabrio 2dr Convertible

I have had my VW Cabrio for almost 5 years now. The top had a defect in it and started to rip, VW did not want to pay for this even though it was under warrenty. This car had quite a few problems. The car would brake and lock up. (stop short) VW looked at this problem, and couldn't find anything wrong till I told them now that they have documented this, it can be quite a law suite. (well that never happened again) The leather seats in the front started cracking, so I had to put seat covers on them. The engine light comes and when VW looks at it they never find the problem. The cruise control no longer works. The car revs up when you try to stop.

Convertable, solid car. Two roll cages. The interior light switch broke, the car lighter broke after installing a brand new one from VW, charging my cell phone seems to be blowing out the car lighter.

Better cup holders, electric convertable top, glove compartment, I mean I love this car and I take care of it, but seems like there is always a problem. Would I buy another VW . . .NO NO NO... I would go back to Honda.