2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:
Great truck!
By vetitcomb on 05/26/13 21:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new on January 4th of 2004, and I have not had a single problem. I have 120,000 miles on it, and it still runs like new. It is a little slow, but that is expected with a 3.4 in this size of a truck. I would definitely recommend a Tundra to anyone looking for a good used vehicle.

Nice truck!
By tnydtger on 06/03/11 13:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it with 60,000 miles 2004. The car runs smooth, you would think your driving a lexus sedan not a pick up truck. I love the outside looks, much better and sleek then the new tundra. Downsides, 2 weeks after i got it needed new battery,brakes,positive terminal, starter. I purchased the warranty which is a good idea. Seems like little things will go wrong on this truck, but nothing major. All in all great buy. I love the V6 good on gas, but not great. I average 10 mpg city 14 hwy.

Great Vehicle
By Nick on 02/23/10 07:38 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD Stepside SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

It was my dads truck and he was meticulous about taking care of it and getting oil changes. Truck is spacious with a huge back seat. It goes to show, if you know how to drive and take care of a vehicle, you wont have problems.

Number 1
By obucko on 05/23/09 13:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best vehicle I've ever had... No contest. Too bad they didn't continue making these. Zero mechanical problems and exterior finish still like new. Rides and drives like a car.

Built to last
By Toyota Pride on 10/03/08 09:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I own a V-6 but it has and does everything I need it to do. With today's gas prices, the V-6 comes in handy. I still get around 24 MPG while hauling a load of 1000 lbs. on the hwy. I'm very satisfied with my purchase and wouldn't think twice about buying another Tundra. Toyota, thanks for producing a reliable product that's worth my hard earned money.

A good ride
By ajhasnow on 02/05/08 06:46 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have now owned 2 Tundras and loved both of them. Comfortable ride, extremely dependable, peppy when needed, Service regularly and it performs well. A little crowded for a family of 5 when traveling far, but all seats are comfortable for full sized adults. Smoothest ride in a 4 wheel drive truck I have been in.

Great pickup
By grocers on 12/06/07 18:23 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This pickup has been dependable, trouble free transportation. Most of the miles have been highway for me. It is very comfortable on long drives and performs well in different weather conditions.

Just a great truck
By Richard on 11/20/06 19:36 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I was happy with my 2002 Tundra, but it was an access cab and I needed the D-cap easier access. The 2004 I have is a TRD and the handling difference between that and my 2002 SR5 is remarkably better. Cabin ride is very quiet and comfort is quite nice on long trips. The only problem I had was a bad battery which the dealer quickly replaced free. Had the same problem twice with my 2002. I'm nearing 50K and have had perfect service and dependibility. Until 1988, I never drove a Toyota. Since then, it's nothing but Toyotas for our family. Can't wait for the 2007! Hope it's not too big!

Performance and reliability
By stanley szczurko on 11/04/06 07:39 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent starting, road handling, and driving comfort during all seasons. never had mechanical problems. The only interior design flaw is the location of the windshield wiper control. I have accidently engaged it many times when making a turn.

a year later...
By rick on 03/21/06 10:44 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tundra Access Cab 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I did lots of research before I bought it (used with 11,000mi) and there is no doubt the Tundra fits my needs the best. I have two carseats in the car (Thanks for the LATCH) and carry my MC in the bed. Having owned the car for a year. I'm quite satisfied and would recommend the car without hesitation. It is full of features and convencience items that makes it a great family car. However, there are a few things I am surprised Toyota missed. (For reference, previous cars include a 911,CR-V, Accord, 300Z, Explorer, Mustang...)