1997 Toyota Tercel Consumer Reviews 3

1997 Toyota Tercel - Consumer Reviews

1997 Toyota Tercel CE 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Tercel model:
Tercel is great
By kuku on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Tercel CE 2dr Coupe

Very dependable, fuel efficient, and powerfull enough for the city. Very good and simple exterior/interior design (Far better than Echo).

luv my tercel
By fajardog on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Tercel CE 4dr Sedan

I love my new (to me) tercel, which I got with only 30,000 miles on it. I wanted to downsize everything; insurance, gas and repair bill and overall vehicle size. I had a Mercedes and I just got tired of it putting me in the poor house. I'm 6 feet tall and 225 lbs. and I'm perfectly comfortable driving this car. So far it hasn't let me down and I don't see it ever giving me a problem. I hope we have a long life together.

I Hate This Car!
By Linda K on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tercel CE 2dr Coupe

I bought my Tercel in 1996 with 50,000 as I needed a reliable car- all the consumer ratings said it would be. Had it throroughly checked by a mechanic who also said it would be great. Since 90000mi it has been nothing but trouble. Burns 2 qts of oil between oil changes, and I have had an average of $150/month in repairs over the last three years.

Toyota should've kept the Tercel
By RAV on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tercel CE 4dr Sedan

My Tercel was a great car. I bought it with about 30,000 miles on it. It was relaible, stylish (compared to the ECHO), and very fun to drive. I could go almost 2 weeks on a tank of gas (all auto cars should come with overdrive standard). I drove it up steep hills in deep snow/ice with no problem. I am certain I wouldve never had a problem with it ever, had it not been totalled in an accident where I was rear ended. The crumple zones worked TOO well, and it was a total loss.I replaced it with a 97 Honda Accord, but I will Sorely miss that Tercel.At only 62,000 miles it was gone too soon.

Toyota should've kept the Tercel
By rav on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

A Great Deal
By jimharding on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tercel CE 2dr Coupe

Bought new. Have put 126K commuting miles on it. Have not put anything but basic maintenance into it. With the 5 speed it actually is a little peppy but not much passing power. Gets great mileage, about 38-40 mpg. Small back seat so its pretty uncomfortable for passengers. Small trunk space too. Overall, a good bargain for the price (new in '96 was $11,600).

private party pricing
By swright on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tercel CE 4dr Sedan

auto has been very dependable when starting in the morning

Tercel, A great car to drive
By Cherry102750 on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tercel CE 2dr Coupe

This is a wonderful car. I've had no problems whatsoever in the 6 years I've owned the car. Great gas mileage of about 32 miles per galon. Easy to drive, Nice sporty look. I love my Tercel CE.

Blackhawk Tercel
By bettina on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Tercel Limited Edition 2dr Coupe

Great car. Nothing fancy - but reliable and inexpensive to maintain. Not for a taller or larger person - but great for a first or second car.