Used 2009 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner V6 Access Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Most Helpful|
Not cheap, but not crap
By Pascal

2009 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab X-Runner V6 4dr Access Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have my new X-runner for 4 days yet, very good truck. I read a lot on the net before I made the move because a lot of reviewers says the truck is very bumpy. After a road test of a 2006 one, I found the truck very comfortable. Yes it is a little bumpy but not really more than any other trucks on the market. Road handling is incredible, the trucks really eats curves. Lots of torque below 2000 RPM from the engine so it makes it very fun to drive, you can literally declutch the truck in 1st gear normally without slip, without giving gas and the engine won't shake or stall. Subwoofer is a good idea but is very badly calibrated, too much bass in voices when listening to radio.

Favorite Features

Engine has plenty of torque at all RPMs New MP3-WMA radio easy to navigate the MP3s Back-up cam is a MUST if you haul a trailer to mount it. New barcelona red is very very nice, 6 speed is smooth as butter clutch is easy to operate +++

Suggested Improvements

Install a real 8 inches little subwoofer and calibrate it correctly to play below 120hertz. Add more top end power to the engine (Nissan has 270) INSTALL REAR DISK BRAKES, braking could really be better! Canada wants bluetooth on steering too dumb Toyota!!!!! (not available on cnd. X-runners.