I'm going to be BURIED in this car!
By azhrei_fje on
1993 Toyota Supra Turbo 2dr Coupe
Paid $42k for the new car in 1993. Have added exhaust, racing springs, after-market wheels, boost controller/gauge, turbo timer. The suspension is now too stiff for my wife, who prefers we take her car everywhere. I had the car painted '94 Admiral Blue (Chevy color) with a Shelby-style silver stripe down the center. I am approached at least a few times a week by admirers. In 2002, I was offered $20k for the car, and at that time it had a few dings in it, but we had been winning autocrosses in Florida every year (always finished in the top 3 in the Central Florida Region of the SCCA).
Favorite Features
Sequential twin turbos. New designs might provide faster spool-up, but I'm not spending the money. So my twin-turbo system is stock except for running ~18 psi of boost instead of 11.6 from the factory. That's good for 420+hp at the rear wheel. :)
Suggested Improvements
Toyota never acknowledged the hatch rattle, but fixes exist at www.mkiv.com and elsewhere. Spare is a donut, with no room for a full-size tire. In-dash CD player is single-disk only (easily fixed). Dash should've included stock boost gauge.