Used 2007 Toyota Matrix Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Never again
By jane

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

First the indicators on my dash began to read "check engine" with about 15K miles. There was nothing wrong with the engine. It just continues to carry that message. All the time. Then the dash dial began going crazy. They settle down after a while, but only after a while. I was told by the dealer that the dash needed to be replaced. For $2K. With less than 40K miles. Back away from the car. Then I had the acceleration problem - before I knew about the ACCELERATION PROBLEM. They tried to tell me that my mat was caught up under the accelerator. Yah....no. Today I took the car to replace the airbag which could explode and call fatal injuries. Buh bye.....

Love My Matrix
By N Weedit

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving my Matrix for over eight years. It is a fun little car to drive and is very comfortable and roomy for a small car.
There have been very few problems with the car and is very economical to drive. I don't know why they stopped making the car. I would buy another one in a minute if available

I'm Happy
By ToyotaSceptic

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am getting way better gas mileage that what Ive seen in the reviews. In the summer I am getting 40. My only issue is with the paint job. My first Black car and it will scratch if you look at it wrong. Understandable Black cars can be cursed with this issue but when I noticed rust specks around the wheel areas? I was told it was because of the break pads and the dealership basically told me pound sand. Oh well next time Ill drive out of state to get my next Toyota.

Gas Mileage, new tires and wheels I purchased. The fact that I can adjust the seat to sit higher after my 2 back surgeries. Nice for an old fella like myself!

Paint quality. Prequalify your sales companies better. Customer service lacks all around these days.

Would prefer leather interior
By neighborette

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

On the highway with light city driving I average 34 miles per gallon.
The money I save on gas over my last vehicle pays my car payment.
People like to complain buy American, [non-permissible content removed]. I would much rather spend that extra money on a newer car from a manufacturer that has created American Manufacturing Jobs. Toyota keep up the good, but no perfect work.

My favorite feature is the lift up glass on the hatch. I use window when I pick up long lumber from home improvement stores, I just open the window and let the long lumber hang out.

Leather seating, for dirty little kids. Its so much easier to clean leather than cloth. Especially if they drop a bottle, spill a drink, pee their pants,or wipe their snotty nose.

Good Dog Car
By wolf

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used at 36,000 miles. I love it and have not had any problems since purchasing it a year ago. My only complaint is that the in-town mileage is not as good as expected. I get about 23-2 mpg in a very cold and snowy city. Summer hwy miles have been as good as 36 mpg. Granted, I have had to idle the car to warm it up while I clear off ice and snow on our very coldest of days, which reduces mileage considerably. Overall, I love the car and am looking forward to having it for many years to come.

Roomy trunk is great for shopping and dog.

Gas mileage