Used 2007 Toyota Matrix Base Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

I'm Happy
By ToyotaSceptic

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am getting way better gas mileage that what Ive seen in the reviews. In the summer I am getting 40. My only issue is with the paint job. My first Black car and it will scratch if you look at it wrong. Understandable Black cars can be cursed with this issue but when I noticed rust specks around the wheel areas? I was told it was because of the break pads and the dealership basically told me pound sand. Oh well next time Ill drive out of state to get my next Toyota.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, new tires and wheels I purchased. The fact that I can adjust the seat to sit higher after my 2 back surgeries. Nice for an old fella like myself!

Suggested Improvements

Paint quality. Prequalify your sales companies better. Customer service lacks all around these days.

Would prefer leather interior
By neighborette

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

On the highway with light city driving I average 34 miles per gallon. The money I save on gas over my last vehicle pays my car payment. People like to complain buy American, [non-permissible content removed]. I would much rather spend that extra money on a newer car from a manufacturer that has created American Manufacturing Jobs. Toyota keep up the good, but no perfect work.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the lift up glass on the hatch. I use window when I pick up long lumber from home improvement stores, I just open the window and let the long lumber hang out.

Suggested Improvements

Leather seating, for dirty little kids. Its so much easier to clean leather than cloth. Especially if they drop a bottle, spill a drink, pee their pants,or wipe their snotty nose.

Good Dog Car
By wolf

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used at 36,000 miles. I love it and have not had any problems since purchasing it a year ago. My only complaint is that the in-town mileage is not as good as expected. I get about 23-2 mpg in a very cold and snowy city. Summer hwy miles have been as good as 36 mpg. Granted, I have had to idle the car to warm it up while I clear off ice and snow on our very coldest of days, which reduces mileage considerably. Overall, I love the car and am looking forward to having it for many years to come.

Favorite Features

Roomy trunk is great for shopping and dog.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage

31-35 MPG highway
By GCN

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased a 2007 base model w/ 5- spd, the "M Theory" package, and 36000 miles. Right off the bat got 31 MPG cruising at 77 MPH w/ AC on intermittently. Then cruising at 71 MPH on the way back w/ AC on full time got 35 MPG. So far I like the way it handles, the power is acceptable (but not sports car fun), but most importantly it a very useful car (parking, cargo, cost). "M Theory" is purely for looks, bright color but not worth extra $$$ for most.

Favorite Features

Cargo space, MPG, cost to operate.

Suggested Improvements

Shifter is blah, as is clutch.

I cried with the first fill-up!
By Beth G

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Matrix used with only 8K and the original warranty - traded in my turbo 07 Forester which required premium gas and got 22mpg when premium went to $4.50/gallon. Computed the mpg on the Matrix with the first fill-up - got 36mpg!!! I cried! I love this car. I consistently get 32-36 mpg combined. Miss the sunroof and AWD of the Forester but got such a deal on the Matrix - bought snow tires and traction now as good as AWD.

Favorite Features

For some reason I love the looks of the Matrix more than the Vibe - I smile whenever I see mine or others out on the road. Mine is sky blue, love the color. Love the ride. Love the interior space. Love the features and reliability. Most of the same features as Subaru but cheaper - better value!