2014 Toyota Corolla Consumer Review: Best bang for your buck!!

2014 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Review

LE Eco Plus Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Best bang for your buck!!
By engineerc on

2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car after looking at many options from: KIA, Hyundai, and Honda. I decided to go with the Corolla Eco Plus, because it seemed like the most bang for my buck. And I was right, first of all the new Corolla design is very sleek and roomy inside. Furthermore, I got this car of the MPG which is an estimated 42 MPG highway. Which I was a little skeptical about to be honest. Since that seems to be the problem many other cars and the estimated MPG. However, this is not the case with the Corolla Eco. I recently went on a 60 Mile pure highway trip, and I was extremely impressed with the MPG which was 50 MPG! I couldn't believe it. I hope this stays true for the life of the car.

Back up camera, Michelle high performance tiers, Bright led lights, fog lights, Bluetooth compatibility with multiple devices, Large display, dash displays. Back seat space. Easy car seat latches.

The only thing I don't like about this car is that it doesn't charge my phone while the car is off. I know they do this since the car has a small battery to avoid draining it, but it's a hassle. My 10 year old Ford Taurus charges it! And never had any battery problems because of it. Also seats could be a little more comfy but that's just being a little picky.
By jrouleau
on 05/23/14 10:28 AM (PDT)

I rented a new (7 miles) 2014 Corolla S sedan and put about 900+ miles on it. Overall, the car was well assembled in typical Toyota manner. The ride was harsh and the engine very noisy when accelerating. The ride did not soften up at all during the 900 miles. Tires were at 37 psi. Driving conservatively I did get 39.9 mpg on a 650 mile drive which included some stop and go traffic, some freeway and some country roads. A nice car, and economical, however the noise and harsh ride plus somewhat tight interior made it not an acceptable car for me.