1990 Toyota Corolla - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:
294,000 and runs like new!
By douglasseattle on 07/06/14 23:47 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

My car still is excellent! The interior looks like it has about 50k and the car runs like it came off the showroom floor. It does have a leak in the valve cover gasket which I will fix soon and a small leak in the transaxle. Nothing that will cause a break down. Other than required and scheduled maintenance, this car has not had any major problems. My 03 Focus died at 91000. I expect this one to keep going for a very long time. For some reason the automatic was not listed as one of the corollas. Mine is a 3 spd auto

A great car , But it is really very outdated !
By srihari902 on 05/07/11 10:14 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Having this car for the past 9-10 years , it is a really strong and powerfull machine , although have had many minor as well as a few major replacements with it . Had to replace the door locks , the vipers (couldn't count on how many times it had to be replaced) ,ac belt ,indicators,.................... and one fine day the engine blew up !

Keep it Simple
By Beast on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Love this car. Bought it in 2005 with 30,000 miles on it. Did not realize what I was getting into when bought this car. Drove this car to Los Angeles and back a few times. Easy. Filled up twice. For 700 miles. I mean come on. Being a '90 model, with a top speed on 110 mph. This car can actually reach that speed. I find that very impressive. Acceleration is outstanding and really just very fun to drive. Lots of great memories in the car and I recently crossed 85,000. I expect this bad boy to be with me for a while. Not a scratch. Not a tear. Everything is functioning. And body in pristine condition. Real lucky to drive this car. Will take care of it as much as it takes care of me.

It's an OLD Toyota
By Billy Tom on 02/02/10 19:45 PM (PST)

1990 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

My Family has owned this vehicle for 6 years now and it's been a real trooper. It survived 2 new drivers. We've done repairs but nothing major. I really do think this car is going to last. The only flaw is that it is a metal cage of death. It is such a small car that if you get into an accident, you're going to die. There are no air bags and our seat belts barely lock. However, if you're not traveling very far and want a reliable car this Toyota is awesome. I personally want a safer vehicle. I think it has over 300,000 kms. It also has a lot of rust on it, but that could be just ours.

Miss it
By mekimeki on 09/25/07 02:50 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I just donated it after 12 years of ownership. Very reliable transportation with a stripped-down yet clean feel to its operation. Only problems: AC compressor died at 90,000 miles, then replacement leaked; alternator died at 150,000 miles; ceiling cover came loose and had to be pulled/scrubbed off. Overall, a dependable ride that was always there when I needed it.

old faithful
By To-Yoda on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I bought her off the street for $1000.I put $1400 worth of repairs,parts in her up front,,Ive put on 60000 miles since and all Ive replaced are the tires (once),and the speedometer cable.Shes got great pull uphill (Automatic),I live in mountains of Western North Carolina,

RELIABLE!!
By marchejm on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I have owned my corolla for just over 3 years. I bought it as 130,000 miles and it now has 180,000 miles. In this time I have barely had to put any money into it. It has been great. Only minor repairs and regular maintainance. For as many miles as it has it runs excellant!! I am very happy with it!

Reliable Hassale Free Car
By blondie 11230 on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in Aug 1992 with 40K miles and it now has 85K and stll runs well. Hardly ever took it to the mechanic even though I had it for close to 12 years.

redtoy
By dmc on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

As soon as I sat down to test drive this car, I knew that I would buy it. My favorite car of all time was an 81 Tercel and this was like being home. I haven't been disappointed. Two years ago, I replaced the transmission and it's working out just fine. Two months ago the brakes were completely redone, front and back. I wouldn't be selling except I've gotten a really good deal on a 95 Corolla, so the beat goes on.