Used 1993 Toyota Celica Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

How many miles can you get
By Celica

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

i have a 93 celica and it has 284,000 miles on it and it runs good, my question is how many miles can you get out of these cars?

The Best Celica Generation
By Adam

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

I've had my Celica for about 9 years now, and I've driven it across country twice. All the customizations and upgrades I did to the car (including a new fuel injection chip, air intake, and alloy rims) went in perfectly. I haven't had a single unscheduled maintenance or repair in the entire time I've owned the car. My girlfriend has a brand new Yaris, and my 17-year-old Celica still routinely beats her car in gas mileage, usually around 29-31 mpg, which is 2-5 better than the Yaris. Finally, at 17, the car's exterior is starting to show its age with some clear coat peeling and a few dings from use. The interior is aging even slower. Mechanically, it drives like new.

Stable controls and traction; it sticks to the road on the tightest curves. Legendary Toyota reliability and retention of value (at 17 it still has decent trade-in value). Beautiful exterior styling and lines. 5-speed manual is a joy to drive.

The cup holder, on the manual, is in the worst spot in the world, and won't hold anything above a can of soda, and even then, it'll impede shifting. The backseat is largely for show as almost nobody can fit back there comfortably. My only real complaint is that Toyota stopped making Celicas.

Quality Vehicle
By nels

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

Best vehicle I've ever owned. When you finally replace the factory battery after it's 12 years old, I'd say you have a quality built vehicle. I've had nothing go wrong with it except for normal wear and tear stuff. The clutch could use replacing finally after 175,000 miles but even it is still in working condition. If you're looking for a vehicle with little maintenance, this is the car. I just wish Toyota was still making these awesome little cars.

I really like how nimble it is. It corners on a dime. My favorite feature is how little money I have to put into the car. It is VERY reliable.

It only has 102HP. Course, I knew that when I bought the vehicle that the ST model was lacking in power but it makes up for that with good gas mileage.

Fast potential car
By volcom rider

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

This is my second racing car. After my CRX I wanted something a little bit bigger with more room in the engine bay. I was floored by the quality for the price. The only negative is that finding performance parts like coilovers is nearly impossible, although it is a dream to work on this car under the hood. I do hate the setup of the cup tray because its a hassle when shifting so I removed it to place a equalizer in its compartment. Simple improvement is tune up the car with high end filters spark plugs and wires. also get better ratio pulleys. First thing I did was new radiator and injectors adding a cold air intake.

The simplicity and style that still turns heads even though this car is over a decade old. and the customizing options that give it the edge to keep up with the style today,

Celirocks
By torpedo09

1993 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I like the feel of the car when i am driving it, it seems so powerful. It's always fun to take a drive at night and watch all the people look at it in awe as I drive by. I just like the car in all ways, its awesome.

My favorite thing about the car is the five speed manual, its so fun to drive! I love the design of the exterior of the car front to back. Awesome!

The only thing I want to change is to get rims, all it has right now is hubcaps. thats it!