1998 Toyota 4Runner Consumer Review: Move Over Energizer Bunny

1998 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Review

Move Over Energizer Bunny
By Mjwoodsphx on

1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this car in 2002 with 55K miles on it and paid 21K. The best investment I ever made! I bought this vehicle because I had a 1998 Tacoma and loved it. I dreaded that I gave it up at the end of the lease! The 4Runner is the best quality vehicle I have ever owned. Who owns a car for 7 years and hasn't grown tired of it?? This is one amazing vehicle and you can not beat the value. Sure it does not get great gas mileage, but it still gets better than most NEW SUVs. I average over 20 MPG and I live in Phoenix which has stops lights every mile not to mention terrible rush hour traffic! If you are considering one of these old guys, go for it! You won't regret it!

Favorite Features

Not a feature, but the Toyota craftsmanship is unsurpassed by any car maker. Sure minor things have broken in my 4runner, but nothing compared to other cars I have owned! The items that have broken were mostly cosmetic or foofoo. Like the rear cup holder!

Suggested Improvements

The front cup holder is terrible! It is located above the radio and heater controls. When in use blocks them as well as disrupts air flow from the center air vents. In later models Toyota corrected this! What does it say when the only complaint is the cup holder?