1998 Toyota 4Runner - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
Great SUV
By ALiais on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

THe 4RUnner By far is the Greatest SUV every made by Toyota.

1998 4 Runner 4WD Limited
By gbriden on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Have had to do only regular scheduled maintainence new tires at 50,000 miles,and new battery at 45,000 miles period! No problems at all, and extremely reliable.

Overall-great!
By steve6586 on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV

I've had this vehical for 4 years now an have been extremely pleased. It has never been in the shop except for scheduled maintenance. This is what I expected from a Toyota and they delivered.

My Baby!
By Eyes of Texas on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

My 4-runner was a big expense, but after test driving all the other SUV's in its class, there was no comparison. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I love it!

4Runner is solid
By mort on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Traded in a 2000 Explorer after the steering rack and rear wiper motor broke. The rotors needed servicing at 20k as well and then the whole tire thing... It's been a while but I suspect my nephews' Big Wheel rides better than that Ford XLT. Found a 98 4Runner SR5 with 25k miles on it, I expect to keep it 10 years. Other makes have more power and features, but these toyota's just plain last.

black stallion
By greid on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

love my 4Runner....had anticipated getting one for a long time.......had to wait my previous lease-term out. Me and my dogs are crazy about the back window and and side rear windows that go all the way down. great handling and acceleration

Love my 4Runner
By treasuredmind on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

This is a great SUV! I haven't had it but 9 months, but I have no complaint whatsoever! It has great visiblility, lots of space, and I love the back heating. The ride is great,although if you don't like the bumpiness of a truck...I don't recommend riding it much on the highway. Overall this truck was well worth my money and I will drive it until it dies. Lots of people have great comments about it, and I haven't heard one bad thing as far as performance and reliablity. I met a man the other day who put over 400K miles on his....and hasn't had one major repair. I am a college student, so I find it very useful in moving my belongings!

I love it!
By Carol Farrar on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV

I used to own a Jimmy and a Jeep, test drove an Explorer and Rodeo, by far the Toyoda is the best driving SUV. If I ever buy another SUV it will a newer 4 Runner.

Top Notch!
By Zonker on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my second 4Runner. It is much improved over my 1990 model (although I never had any problems with my old one). I just hit 60,000 miles and I have not had one mechanical problem, not even a minor one. With normal maintenance, it always seems to run like new. .

Tight Car
By Emilio on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

All I have to say is that there is only one more manly SUV, and that is a totally decked out Hummer.