1996 Toyota 4Runner SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:
My 2 day review of my 1996 4-runner
By hypnosisracing on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my 4-Runner just 2 days ago, and already i have to agree with many here that this is quite possibly the nicest SUV on the market for the price. With 108,000 miles on the odometer i payed just above $10,000 for mine (a steal thanks to my brother's car lot and team). This truck is just a dream come true...interior is awesome, exterior is awesome and over all...this thing is amazing, perfect for my needs, as i haul my track civic around to various locations for show and races, this thing in the last 2 days has sold me again and again.

The Perfect SUV
By Mike Rathburn on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Every time I go to check out the latest and greatest in SUV's, I always come back to my 4Runner and resell myself. This is the mold for which all SUV's should be made from. Absolutely perfect all around. Plenty of power for it's mid-size, loads of comfort features, and it simply doesn't break down. Over 140,000 miles on it already, and confident it'll go another 140,000.

Great SUV
By Picky on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I drove 3 Cherokees over 200,000 miles each, but wanted even better reliability since I drive 40,000+ miles per year in sales. I looked for 3 years until I found the 4Runner I was looking for. The reliability factor was just as great as the reviews said. All I have had to do is change the oil and struts. I have already driven it 120,000 miles. I would definitely buy another.

great suv!
By arnelf on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

wonderful suv! i think that for the money you pay for one of these is worth every penny. i couldn't be happier with the purchase.

4RUnner
By cws on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Excellent vehicle. Most reliable truck I have ever owned. Currently at 102000 miles and only have needed to do regular maintenance. Ride is what one would expect from a truck with such ground clearance. Exterior remains exceptional and interior is of good quality with only a few ergonomic issues. Would certainly buy another 4 Runner.

Bullet Proof!!
By fdporter on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have almost 140,000 miles on my 4Runner. The only repairs have been to replace the rear wheel bearing seals at 90,000 miles. Other than that it, has been routine maintenance. I am averaging over 40,000 miles per set of tires, and even put 90,000 miles on it before replacing the timing belt. I have replaced the front pads only twice, and the rear shoes only once. This thing is bullet proof and still looks brand new!!

RUNS LIKE A DREAM
By Thomas Johnson on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

Man this thing is the cat's meow, and it drives like a dream. Sits up high, and the stereo is like no other. WOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!

Great Rough Riding Truck!
By Temple62 on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV

This is the roughest riding vehicle I have ever owned. Like a low-rider ytou have to slow down for any dip in the rode quite unlike my Honda. Above average in all other respects and ahead of the pack with the sliding rear window design!

Great Vehicle!
By four wheeler on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had great performance from my 4- Runner. Mechanically, the only things that have been done are maintenance items. It is very reliable. Even with 98k miles, I don't hesitate to take it cross country with just my kids. Because Toyota doesn't constantly switch the body styles around, mine still looks just like new -- not to mention that it still drives the same as when I picked it up with 7 miles on it!

96' Toyota 4-runner limited remarks
By runner4 on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Toyota, its so nice and the re-sale on them is so good!!! I get complements on my 4-runner all the time. This has to the best SUV that any manufacture (SP?) has ever came out with!!!