Used 1995 Suzuki Sidekick SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Suzuki Sidekick SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sidekick model:

Great little corn jumper.
By Dars youngest son

1995 Suzuki Sidekick SUV JX 4dr SUV 4WD

Sat in a corn field parked for sale. It had been driven through the corn as a 4x4. Corn stalks were sticking out of it; broken headlamp duct taped in, bumper cracked. Fast fwd it's still running 2010! 185,377 miles! Had the tranny flushed. Fluid was black as used motor oil couldn't have been changed in 10 years. Valvoline flushed it clean, pink again. I had oil changed. I drive 50 miles to college daily. It is slow at 1st, but it is an older car. It drives in 4wd on bad snow days, safely goes up icy hill at school. Due to mileage I don't go above 50 mph. City streets are all 45 max anyways. Side roads in country are 55 mph. Great truck for only $500 in 2005.

Four wheel drive is awesome in icy conditions. Storage like a mini van, 20+ mpg city like a car. Rear mounted spare tire. Ac and heat fast. Durable body. Noisy after bumps, might just be this is a beat up truck. Flat locks cant be broken into with a coat hanger like most round locks.

It was made in 1995, they did them I'm sure. I would suggest buying certain parts for it while you can if you have low miles on yours. Air filters hard to find. Only Suzuki dealers can read check engine lights mech stores don't have adapter. Watch it, windy days drive slowly! Frnt locks

My Sidekick still Kickin'
By Weize

1995 Suzuki Sidekick SUV JS 4dr SUV

I purchased my sidekick new 1995 and its still rolling. Minor fixers. 1 major which was reasonable to repair.besides rust at the doorstep on driver side (chicago winters are salty). It still have good pick up and take off. I love the windows so much when I must ride in another car I laugh at the small windows and sideview mirrors; I'm so use to my side kick windows I don't care for others. I do wish it had a cup holder.

the large windows, my seat fit me nicely.

Thaat they make that style again with cup holders and a larger interior light offer more accessories: sunroof (auto- slider)

My Sidekick is still kickin'
By sidekick

1995 Suzuki Sidekick SUV JS 4dr SUV

My Sidekick has taken me everywhere. It always starts in below 0 weather with the original battery for almost 8 years. No major problems. Minor: rust at drivers door. The tires were easy to change. I love the windows (large), not too high up and not too low; my sidekick fits me just fine. even though its a 2 x 4. I live in the city so it's just fine. I have over 179,500 miles on my sidekick.

Storage, gas price.

i wish it had a cup holder somewhere.

Amazing Little SUV
By Onabeach

1995 Suzuki Sidekick SUV JX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my little Suzuki Sidekick for seven years now. I drive it for work (sales) and it currently has over 200,000 miles on it. It has only broken down twice the entire time! And the repairs were minor! It is EXTREMELY reliable! This truck is like finding a rare jewel! The gas mileage is unbeatable. It seems like it does the best it can all the time. Like it's giving me it's abolute best in all situations! It is a dream! I highly recommend this vehicle!

The reliablility, exterior style, and the way you feel high enough driving. The Sidekick is compact enough to go anywhere but rugged enough to do anything!

I always wished the back three windows would open or go down. It struggles a bit in heavy wind.

Do not underestimate the Sidekick!!
By Roman Eller

1995 Suzuki Sidekick SUV JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

When I bought this Sidekick, I was skeptical, but from comparison of domestic vehicles, no one better pays attention to details than on the Sidekick. There is a lot of features on this Sidekick, basically it has everything except leather seats. I couldn't believe that a compact SUV would have power mirrors, keyless entry with alarm, headrests on the back seats and still be such a nice vehicle. If you very get into the market into a great fuel economy vehicle, keep an eye on the Sidekick. Make sure you get the JXL version which is the top of the line up, which has all the features. This is one heck of a little SUV, also its 4 wheel drive with automatic locking hubs!! Talk about luxury!

Automatic Locking Hubs for 4 wheel drive, keyless entry and alarm, security, speed, fuel economy, looks, great price

Maybe extend the Sidekick so the back seats wouldn't be as cramped and offer leather!! LOL!!