Used 2010 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Suzuki Kizashi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Kizashi model:

What will I do in 10 yrs?!!!
By robmerz

2010 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought a slightly used Kizashi SLS, with 21,000 miles. I traded in a 2009 Suzuki SX-4, which I had outgrown. I test drove the 2013, and can't really tell a difference from the older models. The car is amazing, and has every bell and whistle you could possibly want. I needed AWD vehicle, and can't afford a Audi, and didn't want a crossover. I did look at Subaru, and looked at a few crossovers, but this was by far the best car for the $. I actually look forward to my drive home! Open the sunroof, crank up the Rockford Fosgate sound system, and watch the time melt away!!! My biggest dilemma is now, how am I going to get a new Suzuki in 10 years when this finally outlives it usefulness.

Favorite Features

the Rockford-Fosgate sound system is awesome! my car has all the extras- rain activated wipers, auto on lights, paddle shifters, memory seats, sunroof. This car is so loaded for so little cost.. It drives like a dream, and after getting used t the CVT, has a decent acceleration. The ride is a cross between sport tuned and luxury. It handles turns well, but isn't too stiff. People have complained about the mpg, but try finding anything with AWD that does better. I got well over 30mpg highway on a trip from Pittsburgh to Buffalo, and made the whole trip ,to and from,on 1 tank of gas! The only thing the newer models have is gps, which I prefer my unit anyways.

Suggested Improvements

the only suggestion I can make is...Suzuki, please come back!!!

Extremely Safe and fun to drive
By jbl4445

2010 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan SE 4dr Sedan AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this car for our very responsible 17 year old son. It looks great, got good gas mileage and was fun to drive. As boys do, he got in a crash, a head on collison. The car was totalled, and so was the other TRUCK. My son walked out of that car with only minor burns where the air bag hit his arms. Heard the safety ratings were good but didn't realize just how good! Thank you for building such a safe car Suzuki.

A Quality Ride at a Quality Price
By edwardc19

2010 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The Kizashi is a nice balance of sport and practicality. It has an intuitive and fast brake system, nice sturdy construction, push to start, and sleek look in/out. The acceleration could be more powerful. I live in a city full of hills and sometimes the car just doesn't fly through them, but the ride is solid. Low interior noise, comfortable seating both in front and back, and good gas mileage. Ipod dock is a little poor and would of preferred an aux jack for easy mp3 access. I love the dash and beautiful red back lighting on the stereo. This car doesn't read high end luxury, but its a strong contender to beat Honda Accord and VW Passat.

Favorite Features

The dash has a very pleasant layout and the car has some smart touches like leather steering wheel and memory foam seats. Ipod deck is nice, but it won't pair with my Droid X which is disappointing, but you if you have the bluetooth connectivity in your model then you wont have a problem.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a little more power in stop and go traffic. The ride tends to be rougher going up steep hills and accelerating in heavy traffic. Aux jack for the stereo. The ability to unlock all doors when pushing driver side door lock.

overlooked winner
By hummelhh

2010 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

When taking my Suzuki SX4 for a minor repair recently, I noticed a 2010 Kizashi parked hidden on a side of the building. To satisfy my curiosity I took it for a brief ride and fell in love with it istantly. Having owned it now for 2 months I am highly impressed by its predictable, secure handling. This car can stand up to the Audi4, BMW3 among many other upscale brands. Considering the many quality & safety features this car is a steal. Unfortunately, dealers representing this franchise as a second or third line treat it like a stepchild. Salesmen take the easy route selling Toyotas, Hondas etc. With some more effort, this car could be a great success. Wake up Suzuki factory/distributor !!!

Favorite Features

All wheel disc brakes, 8 airbags, dual control air conditioning, comfortable quiet ride, precise european sport sedan like handling, thoughtful, functional interior design, more than adequate power, keyless entry/start

Suggested Improvements

Height adjustable passenger seat. Above all: better trained and enthusiastic dealer network as this car deserves better representation.

after one year...
By mtaylor3

2010 Suzuki Kizashi Sedan GTS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

and 15K miles, not a single regret. The car has been completely problem free and remains a joy to drive. If you're looking for a fun-to-drive, economical, comfortable car, then the Kizashi is tailor-made for you. Many people want to compare the Kizashi to the Civic/Mazda3, but Suzuki has in reality created a bargain alternative to the Acura TSX or even Audi A4. Best seats, handling, and build quality of any car I've ever owned. Why Suzuki isn't selling more of these is a complete mystery to me. If folks would give a test drive, I think they'd be shocked at what they can get for their money.

Favorite Features

Great seats. Terrific Rockford Fosgate audio. Simple, classy interior layout with top notch materials and build quality. Eyecatching exterior design that's not over-the-top like the new Sonata, and is likely to stand the test of time. Decent fuel economy (I average about 27mpg city and 32mpg highway). Hugs curves better than my previous Mazda3 or Mazda6, but is equally good at interstate cruising. Engine has enough power for easy merging and passing and is quiet and smooth. Driving it makes me feel like I've been let in on a secret few others know about.

Suggested Improvements

The font for the audio display is too large and should match the font used for the HVAC display. Some aren't going to like the CVT on general principle, but I find this CVT to be quite responsive. For a new model from a manufacturer not previously held in high regard by most people, the Kizashi is quite an achievement by Suzuki.