2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
Your Bang for your Buck
By Gene on 10/13/05 15:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Premium 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I researched a lot of vehicles for my off-roadster. The 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara came up just in the nick of time. I almost bought the '05 version. What can I say? Our daughter has one which is over ten years, 160,000 miles old. I just drove it cross country and it is still going strong. She now criss-crosses CA at here leisure while attending college over there. The '06 Premium model with 4WD that I have is rock solid, and with and attitude to boot, not to mention the great, affordable price. My only complaint is the short ratio in first gear. I drive the stick, but this is an all-terrain after all. Once in 5th gear, it zooms. It feels like a truck, yet it drives like a car. It is a great achievement on Suzuki's part.

So Far a Great Vehicle!
By PackagingPro on 10/12/05 16:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was hesitant to buy this vehicle. I am really impressed overall with the levels of comfort and features. It has two minor flaws: 1) higher road and engine noise than I expected. 2) Window on tailgate doesn't open. Overall I would recomend this vehicle.

Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury
By Christopher Trifaro on 10/01/05 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a small SUV on the likes of a Jeep Liberty. I thought that the Liberty is an overpriced vehicle. I looked at the Grand Vitara Luxury and it sold itself. It had every option I was looking for for half the price. The fuel economy was better than the Jeep Liberty and the ride was more comfortable because of the independent suspension. Every extra option that you ask for in the Jeep is more money. It seems like they threw all the options in the Grand Vitara Luxury for free. Very nice truck not a snail off the line and on the highway it has some power also.

First Impressions
By Subvet on 09/17/05 20:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted to trade a Hemi V8 that I loved for a vehicle with an automatic transmission and better gas mileage. I knew Suzuki for their bikes but knew nothing about their automobiles. After doing some research I found that they have been faily well known overseas in quite a few countries. Anyway, I test drove a couple of different models and was there when the new Grand Vitara arrived. The changes and improvements are quite noticable so I purchased the luxury model. I am coming up to 1,000 miles and my first impressions are favorable. The truck has good looks, and decent pickup with the V6 motor. The luxury package makes the vehicle and it gets reasonable gas mileage. Do your research on some owners' sites and go from there. Good Luck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.