2008 Subaru Tribeca Consumer Review: New to Subaru, loving the Trib

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV - Consumer Review

New to Subaru, loving the Tribeca!
By CLR on

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 5-passenger Ltd. Tribeca less than 2 weeks, but with the exception of the gas mileage (avg 14.9 city MPG), I'm really loving it! There is plenty of head and leg room (I'm 5'8 and BF is 6'1). Has a comfortable yet peppy driving response, good pickup in the city. This is my first Subaru purchase after years of VW driving, but I don't think it will be my last. Side note: GPS navigation system, in hindsight, would have been better purchased after market. I'd have more room on the console without having to "agree" to it's use each time I start the vehicle.

Ambient lighting on dash. Comfortable, quiet ride. Nicely appointed leather seating and interior trim. Puddle lights. Exterior/interior styling options. Subaru reliability and safety. The soft "Mercedes-like" thud the doors make when you shut them makes the car seem more expensive and luxurious.

Having to hit the GPS "agree" button every time I start the car. No coin or ash tray. Limited storage, especially in front cabin. Foot rest next to brake pedal too small for large feet. Vent controls behind gear shift hard to access. Cargo space is smallest in class. Bluetooth. Power tailgate.