2008 Subaru Tribeca Consumer Review: A great vehicle, but don't get

2008 Subaru Tribeca SUV - Consumer Review

A great vehicle, but don't get the nav
By APM on

2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited 5-Pass 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Subaru. They are a very reliable car, and great in winter weather. The fit and finish of the car is superb. The interior is quite roomy both front and rear, and I like the styling. I looked at BMW and Lexus, and I bought the Subaru. To my taste, the exterior looks just like every other crossover. It's nice, but not distinctive. The interior has high style and comfort. It handles very well, and has just the right amount of power. Braking is spectacular. I am not comfortable with the way the transmission shifts, particularly on hills.

Rear backup camera, it's a must. Climate controls, and panel ambient lighting. Heated seats that are downright therapeutic.

The $2000 nav system is a complete waste of money. I have used nav for 10 years, and this is virtually useless. It has legal disclaimer to agree to every time you use it, you can't use it while the car is moving. Buy a Garmin standalone. The car needs a telescoping wheel, or you need short legs.