2008 Subaru Outback Consumer Review: Best Bang for Buck!

2008 Subaru Outback Wagon - Consumer Review

Best Bang for Buck!
By Feilo on

2008 Subaru Outback 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The OB has always been on my shortlist of cars through the years and I finally went for it when it came time to part with my (much loved and performance tuned) Passat wagon. The 2.5i is very well matched with the 5MT and I am enjoying true motoring again! Also appreciating AWD for the first time in the snow we have been having here in the Midwest. After ~6000 miles, fuel consumption has been reasonable - averaging ~26 mpg overall in 70/30 highway/urban driving, and have been trouble free. Had to upgrade the rear sway bar and tires to get handling to what I would like but then, that's not for everybody. Fit and finish is OK for what I paid for it. All in all, I am really happy with my 2.5i!

AWD, ground clearance, low cost of ownership (so far) and ease of access to regular maintenance points compared to my previous Passat

Sunroof/moonroof available as option for 2.5i models, decent armrest that we don't have to pay an option price for, better OEM tires