2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:
Update on bad seats from 4/28/10
By Steve G on 08/15/10 11:45 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have now had the Legacy for 4 months and about 3000 miles. After $700 spent on 5 trips to an auto upholstery shop for modifications to the driver’s seat, the driver’s seat, while not comfortable, is now tolerable. The adjustable lumbar support works by pushing the foam padding, which is quite rigid, deeper into your back. It is not inflatable as I first thought. I had this seat back foam trimmed and had additional foam in the shape of a wedge and made from softer, less dense foam, added to the seat cushion. I can now drive the car for 2-3 hours without getting a back ache.

Side molding between the tires
By Unhappy owner on 07/28/10 10:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Has anyone else had problems with the side molding between the tires coming off? Mine has came off 4 times this week! It's frustrating. To think we paid a lot of money for a car thats gonna fall apart! I love the car & its features, but I am completely unhappy w/this problem! If we would have known it when we bought it we wouldn't have!

GREAT all-around car to own
By spiro morogiannis on 06/03/10 21:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my 2010 legacy now for 6 months, put just shy of 13k miles on it and I would have to say its been a great and very comfortable car to own. I do have a couple complaints however, i have had both front struts replaced under warranty due to leaking, and i feel that the cabin could be just a little quieter. If i could change one thing about the 2.5i, i would add another 15-20 hp, because it feels just slower than i would like. However, i average around 30 mpg mixed with my legacy, and i am completely thrilled with the mileage considering the size of the car, and it is one of the most comfortable and fun to drive vehicles I've ever owned. I highly rec this car, especially for the price

A car with the shakes
By Peter on 05/12/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Car shakes over 60 mph, never felt anything like this in any car. So far disappointing they do not have a fix because they do not know the problem. This is BS, i thinks its the design and they dont want to spend the money to make their customers happy. Too bad without this problem it would be a better car than Honda or Toyota but ultimately it seems like Subaru has failed and will lose market share if they do not correct this problem

2010 Legacy
By Joe on 11/16/09 17:27 PM (PST)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have put about 500 miles on my Legacy and am quite pleased with it. It could use a little more power but it is all wheel drive which eats up some horsepower. Gas mileage at this point is better than advertised on the window sticker. A really good looking sedan. Very comfortable inside.

Awesome Car
By seang on 10/20/09 06:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Traded in '07 Civic and the Legacy is like driving a luxury car. Test drove a '08 Legacy but car gave rough ride and even smaller interior than the civic. Tested the '10 Legacy and was blown away. Great interior room, great ride quality, great radio sound. Engine sounds awesome under high rev but very quiet when cruising. Considering AWD and the price, you get A LOT for the money. I have 300 miles and am getting over 25 mpg and engine not even broken in yet. Love this car!

Even Better Than I Had Hoped For
By DaveM on 10/05/09 13:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan 2.5i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had the car for a month now, and I have driven 1300 miles. I get 33 mpg on the interstate and 22 during my short commute to work here in town. The car handles extremely well, the interior room surprises everyone who sits in it, and it drives very quietly on the highway, although I am a little disappointed in the engine noise that is apparent at slow speeds in town.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Subaru Legacy Sedan in VA is:

$121 per month*