2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual w/Premium Package, VDC Consumer Review - Every morning I want to

2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Review

Every morning I want to drive to work..
By halcyon100 on

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX 4dr Hatchback AWD w/Premium Package, VDC (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is fantastic. The clutch is a little heavy/precise, but it's fun to learn the nuances. The ride, even with STi pink springs is smooth and predictable. With the springs, the stock roll is gone. Mileage is surprising - about 25mpg, and I'm suburban commuter, 28 miles/day at 40mph avg. Stay out of boost, and it'll give you economy. I look forward to driving this car every day. It's noticable, but not showy. It's fast, but not impractical. It's comfortable, but not plush. Heated seats are always great in cold climates - I wish these extended to the upper back more. Some light mods make this car look/sound phenomenal. Slightly lower, tint, sport grill, cat- back (SPT).

Favorite Features

Performance. Optional good mileage. Comfort, safety, and quality.

Suggested Improvements

Resolve the tail light design better. Offer leather. Offer a sunroof. I have not had any paint issues yet that others have mentioned (I have black pearl.)