2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Has serious mechanical problems
By phil_motor on 10/02/13 14:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

In my experience (I've owned 20+ vehicles in 38 years) this Subaru has serious engine problems that the dealers and Subaru of America do not acknowledge. Expect to have your head gaskets replace (~$2000) on your own dime once the 60,000 mile warranty expires.

Not quite a 944 Turbo, but that's alright with me
By khalils on 06/19/11 15:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My 2007 WRX Wagon replaced a 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo. I wanted a car that was a well-rounded and sporty daily driver but with all season reliability, better utility, and lower maintenance costs. The WRX does not have the handling prowess, balance, and speed of the Porsche. In spite of too much weight forward, it a taut handling car and fun to drive in the twisties. Its good in snow, gets decent gas mileage, and has yet to have any mechanical problems whatsoever after 31k miles. I am extremely satisfied with the car. I dumped the RE-92s that came stock on the car and mounted some decent rubber, the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. That made a big, positive difference.

It Imprezzed Me
By alexander323 on 12/11/10 20:34 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a used version of the vehicle with only 12,000 miles on it. I really like its fuel efficiency and AWD capability. This car has better gas mileage than my old Jeep Grand Cherokee and has a reputation of being more reliable. The Impreza can do most everything my Jeep can do just in a more compact lighter size.

MPG is better than listed - Fun drive!
By Lauren on 09/09/09 19:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Six months and 14,000 miles into ownership, and I get happier each time I drive it. I use the Sub mainly to commute 3 hours each way into D.C. over the mountains and down the hills. Why the Suba-Rules: - The bucket seats are comfortable, great for long drives; - Very responsive steering; nimble; - Very responsive acceleration and most importantly, - I avg 27-29 MPG. The worst I got with plenty of city driving was 24 MPG. On trips where the speed limit was 55, I broke 30 MPG. Initially, the listed 22 MPG on this site and the 22-27 MPG on the manufacturer's site made the decision to purchase a bit of a drawback but AWD was important. Turns out, I got a nice mix of fun and function.

Good Little Car So Far!
By First Sub on 04/21/09 07:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After about 25000 miles over a year and a half, I have been very pleased with the Outback sport. It's pretty fun to drive, decent power, decent fuel economy, and enough space for my stuff. I have a bit of a lead foot, and this does have enough power to get me in trouble, but not enough to were I will loose my license. I just paid it off, so I now intend to drive it into the ground, hopefully another 7-10 years.

Solid car - needs more power
By John Grubenhoff on 02/02/09 20:05 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport Special Edition 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I live in Colorado and do a lot of mountain driving in the snow. There was nowhere I couldn't get to in the Impreza wagon. Even with all season radials, I had better handling in snow and ice than many vehicles with snow tires. The ride is smooth and acceleration is adequate most of the time. The 4 speed auto lacks power when climbing steeper mountain hills and downshifts too frequently to maintain speed. Flat land driving is excellent. The handling in all conditions exceeds any car I've driven before (86 Sentra, 90 Accord, 93 Infiniti G, 96 Infiniti G and 03 Altima). Overall this car offers a good mix of performance and mpg. If you're looking for true sport handling, get the WRX.

Last of the cool body styles
By chris on 11/06/08 12:18 PM (PST)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had an 02, 05, and an 05 STI, and the 07 is the best. STI ride is punishing, this provides a good balance. good daily driver, with the new 2.5L engine, VVT, and lower RPM torque and HP, feels faster than previous years, and don't have to wind up the motor for the power at low ends. mpg- with a stick, you can coast, i average 24-25 mpg combined.

Fun, Affordable, Versitility All in One
By Nick on 09/01/08 05:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2007 Impreza 2.5i Wagon with the 5 speed. It is a blast to drive. With 60 plus cu. ft. of cargo space and all wheel drive standard it was a smart choice.

Simple Yet Satisfying
By Rodeoflipper1818 on 07/09/08 00:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car very much. It's effortless to drive and it's a champ through any weather or road conditions. I never have any second thought of taking it off the pavement to have a little fun. The whole package is great too. You get performance with serious versatility. More than a few times I've had to throw a ton of cargo in the back (over 30 large soccer bags or two bmx bicycles) and to my surprise there was still room to spare. Though it is not quite as inspiring as its more powerful brethren nor as fast, you will still feel just as confident. If you're looking for a car that's not too overwhelming but will still give you a thrill this will certainly do the trick

A Good Buy!
By TomQ on 05/09/08 16:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I was looking for a fun car that is unique and practical. The WRX Wagon is fun, unique, and practical for sure. The power is enough for the street and having fun at a track. The all wheel drive can make a bad driver look good :o) (i appreciate that) It is reliable and robust. Designed from rally roots, it's a beast on dirt roads too. Being a sports car, Subaru did not add sound dampening, which means if you are on a tar and gravel road, you will hear it, but this reduction in weight is a plus overall.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.